G1 Brainstorm question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prometheum5, May 21, 2008.

1. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I managed to get a G1 Brainstorm figure recently, and I had a question for other owners... the hip rotation on my figure with the ratchet is incredibly tight... like to the point of being really loud and scary hard to work... I was wondering if everyone else's figure was like this, or if mine have been over-zelously tightened?
    Thanks!

2. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Mine were really tight too. But after transforming him 10+ times they loosened up. They're perfect now, not too tight, not too loose.

3. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

mine's so loose his hips rattle!

true story.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think on Brainstorm, the screws for the hips are exposed. If you are concerned they are too tight, try loosening the screws a tiiiiny bit. That should make the legs move more smoothly. I do that when I can with tight joints, no point in risking a break if you can loosen them up slightly. It's tricky to find the right amount of tightness, but when you do you don't need to worry about it breaking because it is too tight.

5. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

No screws. I was gonna suggest the same thing but I checked my Brainstorm 1st & saw that the hips don't have screws. I don't know what's there. I'm not gonna attempt to describe it. If you have one take a look.