G1 Boxes & Bubbles Casing/Foam Inserts

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CH@OS!, Feb 16, 2009.

1. CH@OS!

CH@OS! Looking for my next job

Hi

I was wondering if anyone on this board knew a good place to find repo G1 Boxes & bubble casing/foam inserts or originals that wasn't cost an arm and a leg for.

I'm looking specifically for the boxes and insrets for a G1 Grimlock and a G1 Soundwave.

2. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Repro inserts can be found here: BubbleFormer and here: Transformers

You can make your own foam insert too, but it is a giant pain in the ass to do! Heres one I made.
    [​IMG]

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Be careful of the1toyplace.com, I've dealt with them through ebay before (under their old user name) and had a terrible time getting my order. It was close to two months before I finally got my items that were described as ready to ship. The inserts themselves were very good, but the customer service was very lacking. From reading over his feedback I wasn't the only one left with a bad taste in their mouth.

4. joopsta

joopsta loves Animated

News Credits:
    I've had that same experience with the 1toyplace guy. I've dealt with bubbleformer though and he's great! Outstanding service, also for me living in the Netherlands.

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Were the bubbles from bubbleformers as good or better than the bubbles through the1toyplace?

Apparently there was another guy on ebay called tf_bubbles that was selling some custom inserts as well.

6. joopsta

joopsta loves Animated

News Credits:
    I don't know about the quality of 1toyplace. They guy didn't even replied when I wanted to do some business with him.
    Bubbleformers bubbles are not perfect. But they are a really good alternative for vintage ones.