G1 box insert/bubble question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Noisemaze2006, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I just got a mint condition G1 Brainstorm with the instruction booklet & the box. Does anybody know if it's possible to get the bubble insert to hold the figure in place? Does anybody make custom inserts or sell just the insert? I've seen the boxes for sale without the insert but not the other way around. Thanks!

2. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    be patient, one will pop up on ebay sometime.

3. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I'm gonna try to make a custom insert to hold me over or the time being. Does anybody know where I can get some pics of the inserts? Or can anybody post some pics if they have one in an opened box?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found some pics. Damn bubbles!

4. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

An actual bubble is going to be a challenge because many people who kept the boxes flattened them down for storage and threw the inserts out.

Building a bubble seems like a tall order to me. I would think carving a insert out of styro would be much easier. It wouldn't look authentic, but it could at least look good.

5. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

The only thing I can think of is take the bubble from a recent movie deluxe, glue it to a piece of thin cardboard & somehow make it fit in the box. Not authentic but it should be good enough. I have a few bubbles laying around here from Dropkick,Longarm & Recon Barricade.

6. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I recommend using illustration board for the backing. To hold a figure like Brainstorm on, I would just use a couple twist ties to hold it on the card. I did this with a Powermaster Darkwing I have and it came out beautiful.

I don't have pictures of that one, but here's a couple of pictures of the Mirage Insert. I used 2 small twist ties to hold it in place:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]