G1 Blaster's Rifle . . . Variant?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    So my G1 Blaster, like many of my G1 toys, still remains in good shape. However, his rifle was broken long ago, as the nozzle snapped off from the barrel. I super-glued it back, but I've never been 100% happy with it.

Fast forward to this week. I decided to set out to replace the rifle to Blaster. Now, mind you, a vintage rifle generally sells for around $30. I figured that if I shop around, I may find a deal.

So I come across a BIN for a vintage Blaster for $30, and the seller had something else I was looking for too, so I bit. I got the package today, and everything seemed fine . . . .

. . . . until I try to let Blaster hold his rifle. The rifle's handle is too long and the circumference is too small for the handle to fit into his hand!

So, I decide to try to figure this out, as I know there are several variants to G1 figures.

My first stop is Fred's Complete American Variants Page, but I don't find anything there that discusses any type of variant on the handle (but there are different variants to the rest of the gun :lol ).

I did find other auctions on eBay, so I know my rifle isn't a one-off fluke. These will also help describe my predicament:

[​IMG]

I've checked out the SDCC Blaster reissue, and it seems to have the shorter handle. I'm not too sure about the TFC bookstyle reissue, but I'm wanting to say "negative" there as well, as Twincast shares the same mold (and I'm pretty sure Twincast doesn't have the longer handle either).

Anyways, do any of you have any additional information about this?

Attached Files:

2. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

check the two pre-transformer versions, you might have gotten that version from the seller.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I checked the Microchange version (forgot to post that I did) and it's also got the shortened handle.