G1 Blaster

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rodimus Mike, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey all,

I have always wondered up till now,but decided to post about it but why is G1 Blaster so huge compared to other tf's(especially Soundwave his rival)?,He is a good 4 inches taller than soundy,to me I would've prefer them to be the same size,even the cartoon they were almost the same height from what I can remember.I just wish Hasbro has shrunken him more to fit in with the other TF's,does anyone else agree.Let me know.Later all.

2. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    First, Blaster was a originally a Microman, Micro change toy with a built in AM radio before he was a TF.

Second, he is suposed to be an old school ghetto blaster, much larger than a "walkman" radio like Soundwave (also a pre-TF, Micro change toy).

3. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

From the TF Wiki:
    " Originally a Microchange "Radi-Casse Robo" ("radio-cassette", you see), Blaster transforms into a miniature "ghetto blaster" boombox with a fold-out carrying handle. Pressing the "eject" button pops open his tape door, which can store a single micro-cassette Transformer. Due to a possible common internal misassembly issue, many original Blasters had doors which would not open when the eject button is pressed, nor would the other buttons work.

In robot mode Blaster is freaking huge by the standards of Generation 1 Transformers, towering over most Autobots and Decepticons. He has rather limited (useful) articulation, located in his neck and shoulders.

Blaster is not a functional AM radio like his original Microchange toy, but has some left over parts from it, such as the molded power switch above the left speaker, the earphone jack behind the right speaker and the tuning dial next to the tape door. Some releases of Blaster still retain the opening back from the Microchange release"

Blame it on the Japanese. The Microchange was a working radio. You couldn't get much smaller than Blaster w/ early 80's tech and still have a working radio. As with everything else in G1 there's no accounting for scale.

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I'm actually tempted to get one and make him a working radio/MP3 Player

5. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Just got the SDCC Blaster reissue not too long ago, awesome figure...and his rifle goes good with my DL Blaster.

7. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

His gun is awesome. My Twincast's gun is being used by one of my Primes. Fits his chubby little fist-insert perfectly.