Minor/Repaint: G1 Black Zarak

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by iDarkDesign, Mar 13, 2012.

1. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    So I set out to make my own replica Zarak. With Darkov's replica set of accessories already in the pocket all I needed was a donor body. I got a junker body of ebay. When it arrived I was amazed by how the colors faded and all the parts that had broken. I had to source another claw because I couldn't repair it. Thankfully someone in Radicons came to the rescue.

I washed all the parts, gave it a light sand, primed it with halfords automotive plastic primer and then onwards did everything by Airbrush. I switched to Tamiya acrylics. I love these. The colors are good. It's forgiving and durable enough for my taste. I sealed it all in with some substitute future. (I can't get the original stuff here... :(  )

I used 23ml bottles:

- 2 bottles X-1 Black
    - X-7 red
    - X-12 gold leaf
    - X-11 chrome silver

and I still need to mix some blue because I still need to do the head.

Also I sent the chest and leg covers to conceptsinchrome.com to get gold chromed. Service and price is very good! and the quality of the end product is great.

Now it's almost finished! Here it is with a KO headmaster (from the giftset) and of course a full set of Repro labels! (Scorponok and Black Zarak are the same)

[​IMG]

It will shine among my 'budget' Masterforce display.

iDD

Attached Files:

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I always appreciate the DIY work that gets put into restoring vintage pieces. Rather than springing for a mint/complete version (costs aside), you took a junked out body and restored it.

3. kek23k

kek23k Iaconhub Staff

I've owned a genuine Black Zarak and it was so damn fragile that you could never get any real enjoyment out of it. The box was pretty amazing but hella expensive for just a box lol.

Short of a proper reissue this is probably the best way to own a Black Zarak. The gold chrome has come out really well and props to you for all the hard work. You've got yourself a really nice piece and much more durable than the real thing :D x

4. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was thinking of doing this for some time. Where'd you pick up the weapons set?

5. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Darkov made the weapons set. Sadly he's currently not taking any new orders. You might be able to get one if you ask around.

iDD