Customs: G1-based Whirl Head

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Techdread, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Techdread

Techdread Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm planning on a G1 Whirl custom using the Generations Tomahawk mould, but I'm having trouble both thinking of and finding a head suitable for him to match the more modern aesthetic of the mould.

Does anyone have any suggestions for it?

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I'd suggest TFTM Swindle, which you can then mod to make it look more like Whirl.

3. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

If you're willing to wait, the upcoming Generations Whirl might provide a suitable head.

Attached Files:

4. shadeozero

shadeozero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That or the head from the new shockwave toy that just came out based on the game a little modding just to get rid of those fins but you have a dead ringer I think (paint too) other then that Quantum's idea is good as well.

5. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Isn't Headrobots coming out with a Whirl upgrade head for Tomahawk? I think they are calling it Drone.

6. Techdread

Techdread Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like that idea, but I'm not so sure about overall shape of it. Unless I could somehow turn it on its side and maintain its movability.

They are, but I'd prefer to find a cheaper and more personal touch to Whirl as an alternative. Hell, if I can't find any, I'llprobably just pick up the set anyway.

Seems like a good idea. It's also the less recognisable of the few lens-head heads I know of in any of the lines, so should work better.

I'll probably pick up the entire Generations Wreckers set, so I can have a pre-Earth and Earth form. I'm not sure about the size difference between them though, as it might be a little on the small size.