G1 art work /posters

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by coppertop5150, Feb 13, 2011.

1. coppertop5150

coppertop5150 Well-Known Member

voice a " couple of boxes " is not the entire set ,

But i was just asking of you needed any i might have them unstuck

2. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Are you taling about 2 to 3 bucks per sticker? There's a boot at Trader's World that sells them for $1.00 per pack.

3. coppertop5150

decp prob is you might buy 100 packs and still not get the ONE OR TWO STICKERS YOU NEED TO FINISH THE BOOK.

sure would suck having all those doubles

4. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I get what you are saying, especially beign a card/sticker collector myself, however, I don't think you'll get what you are asking, prive wise, unless you sell them as a lot.

5. coppertop5150

decp i never asked a price

I asked if he needed a few stickers, if he said yes and needed them and I had them . If he paid 50 cents for postage id stick um in a envalope and mail um to him.

6. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    If you have tech specs in good condition, people will pay for those - not a huge amount, but there's more demand than the other paperwork, I'd say.

I buy quite a lot of vintage stuff, not just toys but miscellania as well, and I've bought tech specs, but not any pack-in stuff as the few mint boxed toys I've bought include all that.

I have some sweet Japanese pack-ins from the Return Of Convoy line - I think they look awesome, but I doubt they'd sell on ebay.

7. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    You know how many packs came in a box? Well, I don't remember either, but I can tell you it was a LOT. One box alone should provide all the stickers needed to complete a set. And I only bought them because they were so cheap. It was vintage G1 merch, mint-sealed, 10 years after TFTM was released. I couldn't resist buying them.

I've even traded unopened packs with other collectors since -- even gave some away as freebies to fans who were particularly gracious or generous in their trades or buy offers.

I got a couple of boxes of them AFTER I had nearly the entire sticker book filled. I have duplicates GALORE.

So yeah... don't need any, thanks.

The only thing that would give any of the stickers a spike in value was if they'd produced any "chase card" type stickers in limited quantities. Some stickers have marginally more value in the set because of the image itself -- like Hot Rod opening the Matrix, or specific favorite characters or scenes/moments from the film. But one thing that sucked about that set was that many of the images were horribly cropped compared to the original film still frame.

But they were mass produced and everyone had lots of duplicates, so they just have never appreciated much in value over time. Have to say they were fun to hunt down back in the 80s though -- well, when you actually found one you needed.

And as DecepticonSpike said, it's advisable to sell the stickers in lots. And these days, it's too easy to make bootlegs of them. I wouldn't even buy them off ebay for that reason, unless the seller had 100% rating with solid history.

8. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Anyone know of any good sites that would sell G1 posters of the boxart type stuff?

9. coppertop5150

baird if you find one lmk .

10. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    You mean reprints or originals?

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm one of those people that kept as much stuff as I could from the start. Some got damaged and thrown away by ignorant parents, but I've still got a lot of nice old stuff. This below is just a small selection of that stuff I just happen to have photos of already uploaded.
    I had a tendency not to use the stickers and things like that so they're still just as they were purchased all those years ago. All my TF colouring and puzzle books are without a mark in them. The tracing set still has all the original sheets of tracing paper it came with.

I have no idea what any of this is worth, but I doubt it's very much. It's worth more to me nostagically than what money it might ever bring in sold. I keep it just because it's all parts of my Transformers youth. I wouldn't sell it, but also I wouldn't go looking to buy any more. It's sort of a static collection of misc TF items that's particular to me.

I think in the case of the OP, he should just stick it all up online to sell and see what happens. If something is worth a decent amount then it'll probably get those bids. But I wouldn't go expecting to pull a large amount of cash in just because it's old G1 stuff.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I don't know if it's still done this way but it used to be that a whole box of stickers contained two full sets. About a hundred packs of six stickers I think. When an album came out I'd buy two of them and a full box and complete both albums. But that was UK sticker albums so it might've been different in other countries.

12. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Any really, been trying to find some good G1 posters but not turning up with too many results.

13. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
  14. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Thanks for those links, I will certainly have a look.:thumbs2: 

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm actually looking for instruction booklets, tech specs, and catalogs. Please click my want list and feel free to contact me :) 

16. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    :mail 

17. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

I just picked up this poster from rupps world. - Ruppsworld.com It's FREAKIN' SWEET in person. the artwork is so killin. Try searching "Transformers poster" or "Transformers litho."

18. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Awesome!