g1 and mp05 megatron on ebay now

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by nic28, Apr 25, 2007.

1. nic28

nic28 warrior

i was just on ebay there is a bunch of g1 and mp megatrons on there for sale so whats up with this ban on them ebay still has them listed i don't get it you would have to be a complete moron to think that these figures look like weapons iv'e seen a real walter p-38 the g1 megatron does not look like it in any way come on people get your head out of your a**!!!!!!!!! guess im just stupid and everyone who reads this is much smarter than I.

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    1% of people out there are knowledged enough who could tell the Walter P-38 from Megatron at a distance, the other 99% would assume the gun was real. Not everyone's seen a Walter P-38 to know what one looks like, and guess what, nobody would care. It looks like a gun, it's gray, has a barrel, and a trigger. Try telling someone to get their head out of their ass when they get robbed blind without knowing their life wasn't in danger, or tell it to the parents of a kid that couldn't tell a real gun from a fake before it went off in their hands.

3. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    you must not be trying very hard, he didnt even spell any words wrong.

"I was just on ebay, there is a bunch of G1 and MP Megatron's on there for sale. So what's up with this ban on them? Ebay still has them listed. I don't get it, you would have to be a complete moron to think that these figures look like weapons. I've seen a real Walter p-38; the G1 Megatron does not look like it in any way. Come on people, get your head out of your a**!!!!!!!!!"

4. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    It's Walther, actually:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_P-38

But yes, nic's post would've been more readable if it wasn't one giant run-on sentence. But eh... it's fairly common on fan fora (that's plural for "forum", by the way). You learn to decifer, or just ignore it altogether.

In reply to nic's post: ebay listings don't have to be "pre-approved" by any member of ebay staff before sellers list them. That's why you're still going to see G1 and MP Megs unmodded showing up on ebay occasionally.

And I have to disagree: G1 Megatron does resemble the real thing until you see it up close. That's why it's so freaking awesome.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Isn't there already a thread about Megatron and eBay?

6. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Now, now, you two. We's all cool here, so make up and move on. It's the AutoVolts of the world who deserve thy holy lack-of-punctuation wrath, SL.

Anyway, yeah, things can be listed constantly and it's then up to e-bay to catch them and pull them down. They're "good" like that. And if someone pointed a G1 Megs. at me sans stickers from some feet away, I think I'd do what they say. Looks pretty real to me!

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So? The auctions may be removed.

Megatron looks like a real Walther P-38, especially if you don't apply the stickers, like myself. Not everyone is gun savy enough to see that it's fake. It looks like a gun, has no orange cap, and is gun colored.

Safety violations up the wazoo.

8. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Took the words right out of my mouth. I was thinking the exact same thing.