g1 and mp05 megatron on ebay now

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by nic28, Apr 25, 2007.

  1. nic28

    nic28 warrior

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2007
    Posts:
    1,082
    Trophy Points:
    136
    Location:
    spencer wv
    Likes:
    +0
    i was just on ebay there is a bunch of g1 and mp megatrons on there for sale so whats up with this ban on them ebay still has them listed i don't get it you would have to be a complete moron to think that these figures look like weapons iv'e seen a real walter p-38 the g1 megatron does not look like it in any way come on people get your head out of your a**!!!!!!!!! guess im just stupid and everyone who reads this is much smarter than I.
     
  2. TJOmega

    TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2003
    Posts:
    5,658
    News Credits:
    6
    Trophy Points:
    231
    Likes:
    +6
    1% of people out there are knowledged enough who could tell the Walter P-38 from Megatron at a distance, the other 99% would assume the gun was real. Not everyone's seen a Walter P-38 to know what one looks like, and guess what, nobody would care. It looks like a gun, it's gray, has a barrel, and a trigger. Try telling someone to get their head out of their ass when they get robbed blind without knowing their life wasn't in danger, or tell it to the parents of a kid that couldn't tell a real gun from a fake before it went off in their hands.
     
  3. Abrogate

    Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2004
    Posts:
    7,086
    News Credits:
    6
    Trophy Points:
    226
    Likes:
    +6
    you must not be trying very hard, he didnt even spell any words wrong.

    "I was just on ebay, there is a bunch of G1 and MP Megatron's on there for sale. So what's up with this ban on them? Ebay still has them listed. I don't get it, you would have to be a complete moron to think that these figures look like weapons. I've seen a real Walter p-38; the G1 Megatron does not look like it in any way. Come on people, get your head out of your a**!!!!!!!!!"
     
  4. Voiceroy

    Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2004
    Posts:
    3,278
    News Credits:
    15
    Trophy Points:
    186
    Likes:
    +15
    It's Walther, actually:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_P-38

    But yes, nic's post would've been more readable if it wasn't one giant run-on sentence. But eh... it's fairly common on fan fora (that's plural for "forum", by the way). You learn to decifer, or just ignore it altogether.

    In reply to nic's post: ebay listings don't have to be "pre-approved" by any member of ebay staff before sellers list them. That's why you're still going to see G1 and MP Megs unmodded showing up on ebay occasionally.

    And I have to disagree: G1 Megatron does resemble the real thing until you see it up close. That's why it's so freaking awesome.
     
  5. Switchblade

    Switchblade Just a raggedy man

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2005
    Posts:
    12,908
    News Credits:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    262
    Likes:
    +34
    Isn't there already a thread about Megatron and eBay?
     
  6. Triformis

    Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2005
    Posts:
    4,659
    Trophy Points:
    231
    Likes:
    +0
    Now, now, you two. We's all cool here, so make up and move on. It's the AutoVolts of the world who deserve thy holy lack-of-punctuation wrath, SL.

    Anyway, yeah, things can be listed constantly and it's then up to e-bay to catch them and pull them down. They're "good" like that. And if someone pointed a G1 Megs. at me sans stickers from some feet away, I think I'd do what they say. Looks pretty real to me!
     
  7. onesock

    onesock Banned

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2006
    Posts:
    8,177
    News Credits:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    211
    Likes:
    +1
    Ebay:
    So? The auctions may be removed.

    Megatron looks like a real Walther P-38, especially if you don't apply the stickers, like myself. Not everyone is gun savy enough to see that it's fake. It looks like a gun, has no orange cap, and is gun colored.

    Safety violations up the wazoo.
     
  8. kenm2474

    kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Posts:
    6,061
    Trophy Points:
    241
    Likes:
    +0
    Took the words right out of my mouth. I was thinking the exact same thing.
     

Share This Page