G1 and G2 Orange Devastator completed! (Sort of)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cybertronian, May 14, 2011.

1. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

I just recently got in the mail the 4 orange Constructicons I needed to complete Orange Devastator!

After some difficult digging, I unearthed my bag of Constructicons and pulled out Hook to make the connecticon. Since I didn't buy G1 Devastator's combination parts until recently, I was also able to build original Devastator for the first time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    :useless 

3. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Quoted for truth. If you've got something please share, showing is often better than telling online.

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I desperately need a G2 Orange Devy but I can never bring myself to psy the going rate. Green and Yellow will hav to do...for now.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

All your good work changing the colour of certain words has been undone by not showing nay pics.

6. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

In the tradition of a certain notorious image board, "Pics or it didn't happen".

7. Cybertronian

Sorry about that. The library I was in was shutting its doors, and I didn't have a way to "save the post for later". I'll try to take some pics tonight to put up here tomorrow.

I said "sort of" because the few things I need aren't really needed for Devy himself -- 3 of the 6 individual guns (most importantly, Bonecrusher's) and a orange canopy for Scrapper. Once I collect all of the orange accessories (which include Mixmaster's chromed missiles), I can take my time on the rest.

I also wanted a bit of advice. I bought a collection of G2 label sheets for 5 of the 6 Constructicons (Scavenger the odd 'Con out) with the idea of "dressing" them up a bit. Even Hook (the only one I got retail -- at Walgreen's)'s sheet decals for some reason have this weird condition where all of the silver foil has worn off.
    Problem is, I looked at the sheets and the G2 Constructicons who still have theirs and realized that their symbols have a really ugly cut. (I compare this to the G1 Scrapper, Scavenger, and Mixmaster label sheets that came with my last 4 G2 oranges.) Should I apply their issued decals verbatim, or try to find a different version (repro incl.) with a better trim to them?
    -- Cybertronian.
    P.S.: I want to reiterate that Walgreen's stores (in Memphis, at least) was the one with more orange Constructicons than they could shake a stick at. I bought Hook because he was the one most of my friends broke during G1.

8. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Keep in mind that G2 Mixmaster only has the double-headed missile.
    He did not come with both the single-headed and double-headed ones that the G1 version came with.
    Just a heads-up in case you were not aware..

9. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    If he's buying these at Walgreen's I'm smelling KO.

10. Cybertronian

Sorry about your KOs; I bought mine at Walgreen's in 1993. They also had Rapido, Skram, Windbreaker, and Turbofire. I still have my Hook card somewhere under the bed (but can't reach it w/o tearing the room apart).
    I didn't hear about Kay-Bee getting them until this century. In '92 and '93, the Kay-Bees near me were selling G1 closeouts (not to mention Atari 2600 games from the late '80s Atari resurgence). I missed out on chances to get Pretender Grimlock, Slapdash, 1st-year X-Men figs (like Storm's 1987-89 black costume) and the Transformers slot cars during that period.

11. Cybertronian

My pictures have finally been added (to the top post). Let me know what you think.

[​IMG]
    (Sort of makes you wish they made a Thunder or Shogun Megazord in this scale, don't it?)
    [​IMG]

-- Cybertronian.