G1 and Die cast memories

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by grimlock1972, Jan 7, 2012.

1. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I got my Encore g1 Devy set this past week and looking at it made me realize some how I remembered G1 Toy having much more Diecast then they actually have. I know for me its likely down 2 factors that have skewed my memories:

1. growing older it does bad things to memories lol

2. confusion due also having had GoBots.

Anyone else ever found them selves finding they had remembered wrong on how much diecast the G! Transformers actually had?

2. butz

butz slippery when wet

To be fair, Devastator has a lot parts that seem like they should be diecast, until you inspect them.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I know but i was not talking about just Devy but the entire Line. for example I used to think G1 Megs was almost entirely Diecast. He has a fair amount of it yes, but he is still far from being all diecast.

4. Dinobots Rule

Dinobots Rule Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i understand what your saying. i remember before the reissues came out i use to say "man i miss when transformers were made out of metal" not remembering they had a fair amount of plastic also .

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I've gotta be one of the only people who never remembered the metal fondly...

Yes, when my figures inevitably fall over on occasion, I would LOVE it if they had a tiny hammer built in to smash them for me.

I miss enamel paint chipping. Why can't they bring more of that back?

It would be great if there was something in the toys to wear the joints out extra fast. What is HasTak thinking?

They took the metal out for a reason. I'm glad it's gone. When a G1 fig has barely any metal in it, I'm relieved. "Feeling the weight" is just not worth the negatives.