G1 and BW love triangles

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by nemisispringer, Jan 11, 2011.

1. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So i as just wondering looking back at g1 about who arcee was romanticlly involved with for a while in the 86 movie she seems to hit it off with hot rod as though there was prior history between them however later in s3 she is often shown as being close to springer.

This then got me thinking about Beast Wars silverbolt who i personally see as sort of the hero equivalent of springer and how he was romantically involved with Blackarachnia however it also got me thinking about the whole love triangle set up they had with cheetor later in the series when he went Transmetal 3

Now forgive me because i havent watched any beast wars in a long time but is this a similiar dynamic isn't cheetors attraction to Blackarachnia just as fleeting and rooted in his development just like hotrod?

Let me know what you think about both situations?

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I don't think there was anything going on with Arcee in G1. We weren't ready for that yet! If there was it was a 'read between the lines' kinda deal as it was never made overt.

Cheetor wasn't specifically interested in Blackarachnia IMO, just a nearby female bot to hit on as he went through robot puberty.

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Two-Head would be a better third point for a love triangle concerning Spider-Lady and Doggie-Bot.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I did get the whole Arcee, Hot Rod and Springer triangle. Although it was never addressed specifically you could always see the dynamics. But I think Hot Rod lost Arcee when he had to bare the burden of the Matrix. Springer wins by default. You see this in Five Faces of Doom when Springer takes off for a ship, Arcee runs behind him claiming he will need a gunner and then Rodimus makes some comment about how he would rather be out running with them than leading.

In BW nothing came between Silverbolt and Blackarachnia. Cheetor hit puberty in his Transmetal 2 form and was hitting on the hot chick bot. Two head (Quickstrike, i was always a fan of Waspinators nicknames) was hot on her too but Blackarachnia showed zero interest. The only time interest was show by Blackaracnia for these two was when she was using them for her own end game. No love triangle in BW because Silverbolt and Blackarachnia were too much in love and blinded by all else. Heck Blackarachnia gave up the codes to the Ark to save Silverbolt..thats love.

5. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    What I read on TFWiki is that in the Japanese series after The Rebirth was that Chromedome was hitting on Arcee? I thought that was wierd, as well as the robots have relationships. My favourite of the robot 'boy girl friendships' was Airrazor and Tigatron, they were pretty cool together...

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    In the GI joe/Transformer comics Arcee was with BB, she sure gets her way around amirighte? :p 

7. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perhaps one of the dinobots was meant to be called arcee instead lol

8. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

Just to further validate the Springer/Arcee thing, he did have a line in Dark Awakening where, believing her to have been killed by Decepticons, he quietly mutters something to himself along the lines of 'Arcee, I WILL avenge you...'

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Close, he said that the Quints were going to pay, and then in a lower tone "I mean it Arcee"