G1 and Beastwars

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Todimus Prime, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Todimus Prime

Todimus Prime Member

I cant remember for my life, how G1 Transformers and Beast Wars is connected. I remember in season 3 i think the beast wars crew found the arc that had gotten to earth, but how is there another prime? Anothe Megatron? Also where do the predicons and maximals come from? just another faction on cybertron?

2. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Megatron and Optimus Primal are not the same characters as the G1 Optimus Prime and Megatron. BW Megatron took his name from G1 Megs.

Predacons are the descendants of Decepticons and Maximals of the Autobots.

3. Todimus Prime

Todimus Prime Member

Ok cool. How many factions are there then? And why sometimes in comics and whatever else there may be, are predicons and decepticons seen together. Ugh, maybe i just need to watch beast wars again.

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Basically, the Decepticons lost the war, were forced to sign a treaty placing them at a great disadvantage. Then the Autobots were upgraded into Maximals to conserve fuel and become more efficient. Decepticons eventually upgraded to become Predacons.

Factions
    Maximal Imperium: Rulers of Cybertron
    Predacon Alliance: Splinter group of many smaller factions, one of which is the Tripredacus Council. They appear to be equals, but are an underclass beneath the Maximals.

Here are links that you may find helpful:

Pax Cybertronia, the peace treaty between the Autobots and Decepticons

Some history of the Maximals

Some history of the Predacons

5. Todimus Prime

Todimus Prime Member

Wow, well that was greatly helpful. Thank you very much. I will ead those as well. But where do the other transformers come from? Like Jetfire and all the thers who showed up millions of years ago after prime and hi crew were woken up, and why did they not become maximals(the autobots and decepticons who helped megatron and prime) or was that still in G1? I think i need a timeline lol.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Beast Wars takes place about 300 years after the last episode of th G1 cartoon. Anything that appeared in the original cartoon is still G1.

7. Todimus Prime

Todimus Prime Member

What happened in the last episode of G1? And after Beastwars does G2 follow? Is that when the autobots and decepticons return to cybertron?

8. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    The surviving Autobots and Decepticons either retired or upgraded. Optimus Primal mentioned that some Decepticons were granted amnesty, and that one was reprogrammed and rebuilt as a Predacon: Ravage.

9. Todimus Prime

Todimus Prime Member

Thank you very much. That certainly helps a lot. Always good to learn things.

10. Emerald Twilight

Emerald Twilight Banned

G1 a million years ago, into G1 season 1, 2, 3.

Beast Wars was 300 years after season 3. The issue is that they went back in time in the first season of Beast Wars, landing on earth and eventually finding the Ark before the Autobots and Decepticons were revived.

Megatron wanted to stop Prime from waking up, basically. He also tried to stop humanity's evolution.

They eventually all return to their own time, but with Megatron having taken over and wiped out all the Transformers.

11. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    I was unable to follow much of Beast Machines. What ended up happening throughout that? Did they ever find a way to stop Megatron from controling everything?

12. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Megatron basically did control everything on Cybertron, he just wanted to make it purely technological and remove any organics. They manage to reformat the planet into a techno-organic one at the end.

13. Todimus Prime

Todimus Prime Member

That clears upa heck of a lot for me too, thank you.But in the dreamwave comics. Optimus' crew are back on cybertron and so are many decepticons. There are even some other chracrters from the movies there and its discovered i think in volume 2 of that seires, that ultra magnus is prime's brother, or clone. How could that have happened if the autobots and decepticons upgraded, because there are other autobots and decpeticons there as well?

Actually im missing issues 3,4, and 6 in volume 1 and issue 5 in volume 2. volume 3 never got finished because dreamwave went bankrupt, but does anyone know wherei can get those issues?

14. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From what i understand. Dreamwave was kind of a reboot, so its not neccessarily canon to the cartoon.

15. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Another thing to take into account was Beast Wars was using cartoon/comic hybred of G1 and not a pure cartoon G1 as seen by the various references to Primus

16. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    The dreamwave comics were a reboot, but also took place at the same time as the original G1. Even though it was drawn after the beast wars cartoon, it took place before it. As far as that comic was concerned, the beast wars hadn't happened yet.

17. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Jess

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ok here is a basic timeline for bw and g1

4 million years ago-ark crashes on earth

circa 70,000 years bc-bw crews arrive on earth and start the beast wars then return to their own time

1986-transformers wake up and start great war

300 years after great war ends bw characters are alive, primals crew persues megatron and ends up on prehistoric earth-inbetween the end of the war and this time period autobots and decipticons have made uneasy peace and upgraded to maximals and predacons.

note: this only accounts for g1 toon and marvel comic, im not too sure about dreamwave or idw g1 comics

18. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Didn't the G1 TransFormers wake up in 1984? And weren't they resuming the Great War, which was already started before they crashed on Earth?

19. T.K. Sunglasses

T.K. Sunglasses -

Not according to Beast Wars. The first war back on Cybertron I guess would have been... "The Not As Great War" or something. But at any rate BW clearly states that the Autobots and Decepticons awaken on earth and "start" the Great War.

Actually, the first time BW makes reference to a war having happened in the past, the writers hadn't even originally intended for it to be the Autobot/Decepticon war, but I think that was a prior reference. When Blackaracknia says the thing about them starting the great war, they definitely had already solidified the relation to G1, but I can't remember if they used the title "Great War" in the first reference to it. Anybody?

20. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Blackarachnia: "Shrapnel? That's a Decepticon from the Great War three centuries ago."

From "Dark Designs".