G1 Accurate?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dinodigger97, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Is it just me or in the first trailer with Sentinel yellow look like a G1 homage
    (all though it was used to make is identity hidden,but that is the point)
    So what do you think:a homage or just to hide his identity?

2. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

My friend also said he was yellow in the trailer. I can't remember. Wasn't it hinted he was Alpha Trion, back then?

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Yes.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    He was Yellow to drive off suspicion who Sentinel Prime was.

5. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I don't think it was hinted at at all. It was just a bunch of people seeing an old robot with "facial hair" and assuming it was going to be Alpha Trion. Which I always found weird considering how often people chime off that "this ain't G1!!" and we already had two movies where virtually no G1 related characteristic was kept for the movie version namesakes, yet everyone instantly thought the old robot from the new trailer must be the old robot from the original cartoon. Go figure.

6. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    He was yellow for confusing the fans only

7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I'd say "he was yellow because they hadn't decided to make him the same color as his Earth form yet".

8. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    It's odd that they'd go to the trouble of building the model for his pre-earth form, render it into the scene, and then redo it with a continuity breaker.

At a guess I'd say Bay decided they didn't have time to show the scanning scenes, and felt the colour difference might prove problematic to casual viewers,so he changed it, knowing only hardcore fans would question it. If that was the thought process, then I'm totally on board with that. I doubt they'd go to the trouble they did just for a red-herring (which beggars the question, what were they trying to pull over us? "Tadaa! Now he's red! Bet you weren't expecting that!").

As far as I recall when the trailer came out there were people talking anything from Alpha Trion to Silverbolt. At that stage is it possible they were still working under the Ultra Magnus concept and it was a really early job? Magnus was a golden colour in the concept art, right?