G1 '84/'85 stickers question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot Meister, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Autobot Meister

Autobot Meister Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Need some advice.
    I have several G1 from when i was a child. They are in pretty good shape. The problem is the stickers. A lot are missing and others very worn. Should i refresh with Reprolabels or try and track down originals? Also, how do you tell apart Reprolabels from authentic originals?

Thanks

2. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Reprolables are better quality, but sometimes the colors aren't exact to the originals. And they are vinyl based when most G1s are paper based. Reprolables look great often better than originals, but if you want vintage looking stickers, look into ko sheets. Most are spot on.

3. Autobot Meister

Thanks for the reply. Is there a sure-fire way to tell the difference between Reprolabels, ko and authentic G1?
    If i want to go for ko or G1, where should i begin my search?

thanks

4. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Reprolabel sticker sheets are purposely arranged differently so that they can't be passed off as originals.

5. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was very happy with repro labels. Not sure if it's on all their stickers but the gray was not gray on the set for Battletrap and the decepticon symbol was a bit tiny BUT the rest made my duocon look brand new and I regret nothing!

6. turboedguy

News Credits:
    What juise said, plus most the time there is a Transformers or Takara/Hasbro printed on originals. Not always, but most the time.

You can find KO sheets on ebay. Originals will be pricey, if your going to apply them, go KO. Reprolables are great too, they just dont look vintage. I had a bunch of my TFs with Reprolables, but I have been going through and replacing them with KO sheets. Side by side, its almost impossible to tell vintage over KO.

7. Autobot Meister

Great information. Thanks!
    I would like to know a little more about KO. Who makes them? Are they currently being made or are they from the G1 era? Where is a good source to buy some that are closest to the originals?
    Thanks!

8. turboedguy

News Credits:
    China produced knock offs, "KOs". They are still being made, and you can find them on sites like eBay and ioffer.

9. Autobot Meister

Can anyone recommend an Ebay Store or seller that would have the KO that I am looking for? Id rather have closest thing to the original than Reprolabels.
    Thanks

10. turboedguy

News Credits:
  11. Autobot Meister

12. turboedguy

News Credits:
    Some of the sticker sheets have been KOed from reissues. Like Sideswipe, some of the seekers, I think Skids etc... Others are KOed from original G1s.

Also, most KOs won't have the factory applied stickers, just the ones that came in the box. For those, you have to use reprolables.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  13. grune7

grune7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are the KO sheets that good? I'd like to get stickers for Fortress Maximus but I thought I've read in reviews how bad the stickers were that came with the KOs. Are the KO stickers better quality. I know the KO maximus sheet is cheaper but I figured I would be better off spending more for the reprolabels. Which would be better for Fort Max?

14. turboedguy

News Credits:
    Like I said, side by side, it would be hard to distinguish original from ko. But if you want the "better" than original vintage look for your stickers, get reprolables.

15. turboedguy

News Credits:
    These are some comparison pics I took a while ago.

KO left, Reprolables right:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For the record, I have quite a few aftermarket sticker sets. This is an older pic, I probably have 2-3 times as many now.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012