G1 25th Box Set Episode Order - WTH?!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Victory Leo, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Victory Leo

Victory Leo Well-Known Member

Okay ... maybe only my boxset is messed up like this ... but the episodes listed on the back are not in that order on the discs. First, Dark Awakening is on Disc 12 not 15. Next, Thief in the Night is on Disc 16, after Starscream's Ghost which is the last episode on disc 12, not the first on disc 13. All the episodes on Disc 12 - 15 are mostly out of order with a mistake on each disc. Am I alone in this?!!

Or is no one watching Season 3? ^_-

Sigh.

Victory Leo

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Hmm that's odd. I haven't had a chance to actually watch any of the episodes (I've seen them all at least twice if not three times :p  and I'm also working on Frasier at the moment haha).

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Could it have something to do with production date vs. air date? I didn't look carefully at the discrepancies you listed and I have the Rhino sets so can't compare.

Take a look here, noting the differences between when the ep was created vs. when it aired; not always the same order.
    List of Generation 1 episodes - Transformers Wiki

4. Victory Leo

Yes, I had the same thought and I'm positive on the discs they are in broadcast order but they are listed on the back of the DVD cases as being in chronological order. Why Shout? Why?!!!

Victory Leo

5. bourdon

bourdon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is the answer from Brian ward of the shout factory forum: Honestly, this was a problem just brought to my attention. And I can explain the circumstances.

Our intention was to order the episodes in story-logic order and originally did. In the last minute, we were instructed to change the order to the original production order of that last season. These corrections were to be reflected in the packaging, but I was just told the packaging had already gone to the plant for manufacturing by the time we were given the mandate to change the episode order.

I didn't know that this was the case until now. Sorry for the confusion.

Brian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Been awhile since I watched Season 3, and I've been thinking about getting the set... does the order change have a significant impact on story or continuity?

7. Victory Leo

I believe it does, though no DVD set has gotten it completely right. For instance on the set Octane is a traitor on Disc 12 but then in 13 he is working for the Decepticons again, because the two episodes "Thief In the Night" and "Starscream's Ghost" are flopped.

Victory Leo

8. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, in terms of production order,which is what they're apparently going for, that's correct - "Starscream's Ghost" was produced before "Thief in the Night". When Metrodome released season 3 a few years ago, they actually did correct the episodes, sticking to production order for the most part and just re-ordering the few that were troublesome so that everything was in the correct story order.

9. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

I don't remember the episode names but it seemed like in Season 3 when the TechnoBots were created the Terracons were already present. Yet when the Terracons were with the Quints. The TechoBots were already present. It has been a few years since I watched them but isn't this a continuinity error either way the episodes are watched?

10. Victory Leo

Right, the easy switching of Grimlock's New Brain and Money is Everything. Still I'd really like to know why they were switched. Did Hasbro order this? Annoying.

Sounds like Metrodome may have been the only company to get it right... Maybe...

Victory Leo