G1 1987 med size Headmasters (value order)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LifePincher, Dec 4, 2011.

1. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

I'm asking you to put in order, from highest to lowest (price wise), these G1 Headmasters. List your opinion in the order they should be :) 

List them in the order you think their current value is at.
    If you want, list the top 3 desirable and the least 3 desirable/hated.

HardHead
    Chromedome
    Highbrow
    Brainstorm
    Weirdwolf
    Mindwipe
    Skullcruncher

The order I think they go (moneywise).... and I've been hard searching for 3 years=

Weirdwolf
    Brainstorm
    Skullcruncher
    Highbrow
    Hardhead
    Chromedome
    Mindwipe

2. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly, they are all very equal IMHO, but this is what I came up with.

Weirdwolf
    Mindwipe
    Chromedome
    HardHead
    Skullcruncher
    Brainstorm
    Highbrow

3. LifePincher

I have found that Weirdwolf is definitely number 1 in the past year EASY! Which is what I want, current status.

4. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

It really depends, I guess you'd be right on general consensus, but I've seen weirdwolf go for under 20 dollars plus shipping (with headmaster), it just takes a little patience. Snapdragon and Mindwipe seem to be the two most difficult to find headmaster pieces as far as I've been looking.

5. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:

Weirdwolf and Chromedome are difficult to find. ish.
    and pretty pricey even loose.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Weirdwolf
    Highbrow ( easily broken propellers affect price )
    Chromedome
    Mindwipe
    Hardhead
    Skullcruncher
    Brainstorm

That's my take anyway.

7. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love this entire group! HardHead has always been and always will be my favorite, but I've never seen a very consistent #1.

I've got no idea of their actual values, but I wanted to add that in addition to the propellors, Highbrow's got a really delicate canopy hinge compared to the rest.

8. beanman

beanman Not a Decepticon

News Credits:
    I just completed my weirdwolf - the tail was the hardest part to find (for a decent price). I ultimately ended up buying another weirdwolf body that had the tail and gun, but a broken headmaster for cheaper than what the tail has been listed on ebay alone.

If you're looking for a weirdwolf body, gun, and armless headmaster (weirdwolf displays fine in robot mode), let me know.

And I think Highbrow in good condition can be hard to find. Hardhead and Skullcruncher seem somewhat easier to find (but can still cost a pretty penny).

9. shmax

shmax Well-Known Member

10. LifePincher

Nice data, but I can tell you right now after just 3 years of watching Headmasters ready to pounce, you can pretty much get any one for around $100.00
    The premium going toward Weirdwolf.

Of course you can find your deal here and there for around $80. unless you get into a bidding war. For an average though, it's around $100. for any of these Headmasters.

I'd like to find a Minty Hardhead for $70.! I already have one, but for $70, mark me down for 4!

11. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Weirdwolf: He is easiest the hardest and most expensiv of the HM: This is in both boxed and loose form.

Highbrow: Due to easy scratched cockpit, loose wings and rotorblades he takes number two.

Chromedome: Easy scratched cockpit and for some reason a very loved toy and character

Snapdragon & Apeface: The horrorcons always go for good money if nice condition and complete

Skullcruncher: Not that pupuler and this brings his price down.

Hardhead: Loved character but pretty easy to find and that lowers his price

Brainstorm: Cheapest of the Autobots for some reason, watch out for cockpit scratch and loose wings

Mindwipe: The easiest and most cheapest of the HM imo.

This is how it was when I searched for HM a few years ago but the market is always changing: Then again hunting HM is a breezzee compared to hunting jr HM...especially Siren and Hosehead.

Good luck

12. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    I managed to buy most of the 1987 large Headmasters for between $80 - $100 each, all in the last year. Only missing Hardhead, Highbrow and Brainstorm. I didn't really feel like any of these was harder to come by or more expensive than the others; although I was able to buy Weirdwolf from a TFW2005 member, whereas I bought the others on eBay.

13. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $100 per is par for the course. Grrr I myself am still on the hunt for Weirdwolf, Highbrow (two toughies) and Hardhead. I do my best to not get roped into those stoopid bidding wars.

[Good thing I've already got Snapdragon and Apeface crossed off my list]

14. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    I sold one of my Weirdwolf figures (with headmaster, no weapons) for £35 + shipping last month. I still have one which I'm keeping with all his weapons. I owned him as a kid, sold him at a boot fair as a teenager and just had to get another when I got back into TF's.

I was about to put Hardhead on Ebay with his box and only missing one gun - if anyone is interested in making a sensible offer I'd far rather give him a good home here, so drop me a PM.

[​IMG]

15. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

Good thing I rebuilt most of my G1 collection back in 02-03ish. I got all my loose headmasters for around $50 or less through eBay...Scorponok was the only one I paid close to $100 for and he even came with the box/stryo...Seller didn't advertise that in his auction so that was a nice bonus. :) 

16. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Snapdragon, Fangry, Chromedome, Chromedome Jr., Mindwipe, & Fort Max Jr; all crossed off the list for me. Been slowly working on them myself, bout $100 per seems to be on par.

17. LifePincher

Whatever you do, don't sell if for less than $85. You should easily get that, even missing 1 gun. I've had 6 Hardhead's in the past year. All I have now is 1 nice minty one. No box, but he's pristine.

EDIT-- Here's a pic of Hardhead and Highbrow. Highbrow is out of the box MINT. I haven't even put his stickers on. He also has an extra gun. Can't see it, but it's in the back. I want 1 more gun so he has 4 attached guns on his arms in bot mode ;) 

[​IMG]

18. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    Thanks for the advice ^_^

I'm sorta kicking myself for missing a Hardhead gun on Kapow toys for £2, which was more than reasonable but gone by the time I needed it. Ah well.

Since we're uploading HM pics, I love the way Hardhead towers over Weirdwolf - they look like separate size classes!

[​IMG]

19. LifePincher

I also think nice specimens of Hardhead's are more difficult to come by because of the faulty chest piece. Bad design?
    Too many out there with broken chest plates. I've owned more than 1 :rolleyes: 

Nice pic btw.

20. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I too have a few HeadMasters for sale in my sales thread. If we're gonna pimp them out in here, I guess I should get in on the action as well. I still don't have a Weirdwolf. Last one I need for this size class. Only Fort Max, and then all the Junior Headmasters after that.