Customs: G.I. Joes to Transformers human companions

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Shadowbreaker, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    (I don't like that I used human companions in the title, but I couldn't think of anything better. :(  )

I recently messed with a G.I. Joe 25 Aniversery Comic Pack: Scrap-Iron & Wild Bill. It isn't even mine! But I got persmission, don't worry. :) 

To the point, though: I was wondering if some G.I. Joe figures could be made into humans from G1. Yeah, I know I can just put the G.I. Joes with Transformers and have the classic crossover, but I kind of want decent representations of the human characters from G1.

Though there is a problem. I don't know a whole lot about the G.I. Joe toys. Are there any body and head swaps that would resemble say a Spike, or maybe a suit wearing one to make a Metalhawk or even a G.B. Blackrock?

I know, it's crazy, but I think there would at least be a couple good bases for some "Classics" style/redesigned human characters.

Anyone have any comments, ideas, or suggestions?

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I have these and they're great. Microman sized so they can ride in the cockpits of the '84-'85 Transformers. Smaller than Joes, but more in scale. Joes would be too big IMO.

3. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    I've been eying those for a while now and plan on getting them soon.

But I'm not worried about scale here, I'm mostly looking to make action-figure sized humans from the Transformers-verse. Now that I think of it, it doesn't really have to be restricted to G.I. Joes; any decently articulated action figures would probably work.

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I'd actually quite like to take my 3D skillz into doing more humanoid action figures as well (possibly at the same sort of size as the Gunslingers, or a hair smaller), but I need to get a lot of practice in with a program other than AutoCAD, which can't handle the kind of complexity that organic forms would require.
    I've been toying with Blender today (with the help of a tutorial e-book) and I think I may actually be able to use it.

Meanwhile, would something like the little Marvel figures do the job? They appear to be pretty well articulated, and smaller than Joes, so they might be better scaled for TFs.