G.I. Joe, Transformers and Star Wars

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by stevez0r, Jul 29, 2007.

1. stevez0r

stevez0r Well-Known Member

With G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary Figures, Star Wars 30th Anniversary Figures and Re-issues/Movie Transformers, is collecting all three possible? I was wondering if anyone is the same position as I am. I think its great if your a fan of any of them and it's a great time to be a collector.

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I collect all three....and Marvel too....and DC too....and...

3. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I do TF, Star Wars, Hotwheels, Iron Man stuff, and Comics. So yah. It's possible... just really tight :) 

4. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Anything's possible if you put your mind to it, kid.

5. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I do TF's and comics primarily. I also pick up some comic figures from time to time and other assorted figures. I did collect the 8" joes, but today decided to stop and left an Iron Grenadier on the shelf.

6. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    TFs are my #1, MLs are on the way out. Joe 25th has taken MLs place as my #2 and as for Star Wars there are a few I pick up here and there but it's not something I'm passionate about.

7. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Ah yes the unholy Trifecta of Hasbro collecting. I still collect TF (obviously) and the 25th brought me back into the GI Joe fold after the dreadful 8" figures. Episode III killed my interest in Star Wars entirely, to the point where I sold off most of my existing SW collection.

8. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I'm basically a completest in Transformers and am likely to be on the 25th Anniversary G.I. Joes also unlike the past when I bought most but skipped a few I didn't like. It is possible to collect all three if you have the money and time but for me it is hard enough for Transformers and G.I. Joe. Throw in a possible Masters of the Universe revival in 2008 and next year could be a real pain for me.

9. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

Yep, it's possible alright. I collect Transformers, DC Direct figs, Marvel Legends, and DC Superheroes. And just added the Joe 25th line, Sota's Street Fighter figs as well. Heck, I even have time to collect comic trades and posters at the same time seeing as how comics was my first hobby. In the future, I will add the Castlevania and Darkstalker figs.

10. Omik

Omik *blink blink*

I have student loans, bills, and a powerful need to eat between me and collecting all three and exo-force.

but by golly I sure do try.

Edit: also, I'm saving for a car.

11. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

Yeah, I've been collecting alot lately. Way to much. So, as much as it pains me, I'm going to try to limit myself mostly to Transformers and stop wasting so much money. It's going to be hard considering just how cool everything coming out is. THe best Joes ever, maybe the best year of Star Wars figures, best Pokemon figures to date, even a freaken awsome Indiana Jones line. Talk about temptation.

But, I've realised (speaking of myself only) that I'm getting no where in life focusing so much on collecting. All my free resources are pretty much devoted to it. So if I ever want my life to move ahead/change... somethings have go to be sacrificed.

ARG, DAMN YOU LIMITATIONS!!

12. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Pfft. Been collecting all three in some capacity since 1995, plus several other lines along the way. Various Mcfarlane stuff, MLs, Buffy/Angel, Muppets, Simpsons, Mego, LEGO, NECA....

13. Omik

Omik *blink blink*

That is really mature and I congratulate you for it.

14. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    My problem with the 30th Anniversary line is it really has little to do with 1977. Whereas the 25th Anniversary Joes makes it incredibly clear it honors the old toys, as does Classics, the Star Wars one is just a pure marketing gimmick for a flood of random characters(many of which are scene specific).

Beyond the so called Vintage figures, I have a hard time caring about Star Wars now. It's just too much.

15. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i'd collect 25th joes if we actually got em here :( 

16. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I'm Hasbro's whore. I collect Transformers, Star Wars, GI Joe AND Marvel Legends.

17. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

I collect, in this order:

Transformers: though lately things I want are rare
    Starcom: almost done. Only need Upriser and Attack Trike
    Star Wars: Clones are plastic crack, Though I do have a Dagobah & Bespin setup for the OT vibe.
    DC figures: aim for the JLA vs. Legion of Doom.
    MOTU: got the ones I want, except exclusives... Keldor, Randor, & Webstor
    Visionaries: complete collection, except 1 part. Dagger Assault Spectral Dungeon door.

Occasional Marvels (Captain America, Thor, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Taskmaster, Moon Knight, Mysterio)
    occasional other figures, Dawn, Purgatori, Iron Maiden's Eddie, Jason, Michael Myers, etc..

Almost got sucked into 25th Joes. I got the Cobra 5-pack and 1 officer, but I think I am going to return them. I can't start up again. Must have Zartan though!

18. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I'll send you a box set of both Joe's and Cobra's if you send me your Botcon seekers.

:ev: 

Anywho, I haven't collected Star Wars in 10+ years now. Except anything Bossk. I'm a huge Bossk fan.

25th Joes, Sigma Six, and Marvel Legends are the extent of my collecting nowadays. Got the TF movie cast, and I'm now done with TF's. The new series toys don't do it for me.

19. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

[​IMG] FAIL!

;) 

20. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i had to do a double take too.

at least hes not into dengar.