G.I.Joe to change hands?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Wreckgar, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=136586

So apparently GIJoe might go to a different publisher. And it wouldn't surprise me if it did. The current story (World War III) is pretty lackluster but had such potential. The whole America's Elite title started out strong with the narrowed team being the only drawback. However the infiltation of Cobra into the US Government really made a great point. However, that was where they blew their load.

Also, if DDP loses the license, that's it. I think they'll be in the tank. The only other profitable title they have is Hack/Slash and Image can snap that up in a heartbeat. I also think that's where Tim Seeley will go since he already publishes Loaded Bible through Image rather than DDP.

Personally, I'd be excited to see it move elsewhere. DDP has run it's course. And if they go elsewhere, they can restart from before the DDP book and bring back Lady Jaye and Chuckles.

2. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

I havent read a Joe series I really enjoyed since RELOADED. That was a bad ass series.

3. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

its gonna go to Marvel and DDP will be finished, agreed

really, Chuckles?!

4. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Marvel would be a refreshing "welcome home" party.

DDP has done good, but yawn.

5. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really hope WW3 gets better, I love the premise and have -adored- the setup. Would be sad to see the DD continuity die off. :( 

And yeah, the Devil's Due run has only done 2 things that pissed me off:

-Screw up a great chance to bring in a third superpower faction and euro-fiction throwback in the form of the Red Shadows
    -Kill Chuckles unepically and nearly off-panel literally days after his 4-issue weekly miniseries ended

6. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I think it would piss alot of people off,if a new company ignored what DDP has done so far.Like it or not,its canon.I hope they don't bring Lady Jaye back.I like that so many people are up in arms over lady jaye being dead.It shows that death meant something.Would everyone want it to be more like X-men??Cyclops died in this issue...don't worry,he'll be back next month.

7. Lt. Faceless

They are there.Did you read the Sins of the mother story arc?They are in the back ground right now.Not sure if they will use them or not,but they are there.

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Interesting...if it went back to marvel they might start releasing the trades again. Though their committment to titles would be questionable.

9. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Chuckles kicks all sorts of ass.

10. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cyclops let himself get killed because he knew for a fact that the alien enemies would be forced to bring him back to life.

11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Or it could be a massive retcon like the current "One more day" storyline where Duke is given the chance to reverse time only to have a team sans Snake Eyes fighting Cobra. Oh and the joes' newest member, a Steve Rogers revived from death with Dr. Mindbender being retconned into being Dr. Strange.

12. Lt. Faceless

Wow,he really died? I was just picking a name.The last x-men comic i read was A.O.A.

13. Lt. Faceless

Thats why i DON"T want marvel anywhere near this book.They have there hands full with destorying their own character.

14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I do read some marvel titles but I do not like they are handling some of their hot sellers. Iron Man being written into a PC tool, bringing Jeph Loeb in do write the Ultimates and according to him, "fix what should have never happened". When did Millar screw up the Ultimates? To my knowledge he never did. This aside of course, the inevitable retcon of Spiderman, and other things.

I think its likely IDW might get gijoe, considering that it seems the relationship between they and hasbro is going well. Or, the company that is producing the comics for the comic packs in the next few months.

15. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah about 2 months ago. :lol 

16. sharke

in a "wish I was a little bit taller, wish I was a baller, wish I had a girl that looked good I would call her" Skee-lo type way, sure!

17. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

18. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I liked what Devil's Due was doing. The got Larry Hama back to do some work which was great. I've always loved G.I. Joe but have never gotten into the comics much for a few reasons.

1. Too many characters I just don't care about. I love a lot of Joe characters but if one of them isn't the main focus of the story I lose interest fast.

2. Too many titles and minis. I have enough problems trying to keep up with all IDW's TF stuff, one Joe title is all I really want thank you, which is why I stuck to the wonderful Joe/TF crossovers, and the Declassified minis.

3. The death of Lady Jaye. Killing off my second favorite character (my fave is Scarlett) killed off my chances of picking up America's Elite. Maybe I'll get over it someday if WWIII turns out to be some must read, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

I'm kinda torn about who the license should go to. Devil's Due has done a good job with the Joe franchise, but if Marvel or IDW wants a shot (and to retcon Lady Jaye's death) I'd probably give the book another try.

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Personally I don't consider DDP's laughable abomination even vaguely worthy of the name Red Shadows.

20. sharke