Non-TF: G.I. Joe Pyramid Of Darkness Shipwreck

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by timshinn73, Oct 13, 2009.

1. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So I picked up the GI Joe season 1.1 DVD yesterday and watched The Pyramid Of Darkness. Boy, I forgot how bad that was. Poor Snake Eyes. But I digress.

Made me think of obscure or unproduced figures I'd like to see Hasbro make. I really like the cobra worker (or Snakeling) outfit Shipwreck was in.

Anyway, I started planning a custom for POD Shipwreck this morning. Since I didn't have the parts to start the actual custom today, I decided to do the card art first. So, here you go.

I did a quick sketch of the uniform and the color scheme for reference. I then drew POD Shipwreck based on his original/25th card art. These lines were scanned, cleaned and colored in photoshop. I then did a quick photoshop painting based on the toon and toy art reference.

Thanks for taking a look and for any comments you might like to share. I guess I'm kinda going about this in reverse since I don't have an actual custom figure yet, but I'll get to it once the base parts are acquired.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS: Have no fear, TF fans! I have some TF customs on the way soon as well. Inspired by my movie style Plowking, I've been working on a movie Hound design. Coming soon...

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2009
  2. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    wow this is one hell of a drawing

if that the card art ,i cant wait to see the fig itself

good job man

3. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

That art is unbelievable. You've almost completely nailed the art style. If there were some more obvious brush-stroke-style details, it'd be just about perfect (I'm looking specifically at his upper shoulder/bicep area)

Can't wait to see how this one goes.

4. timshinn73

Ebay:
    Update:

Card Front
    [​IMG]

File Card
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Thats friggin sweet! Great jhob on the art work, man. Looks really clean.

6. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    The cards look very professional Tim. Looking forward to the figure itself.

Good to see something from you man....been a while....I've missed you and your works.

:thumb 

7. timshinn73

Ebay:
    Thanks very much!

Thanks, PK! I'm almost finished with movie Hound. Detailing now. Still need to build the head and paint. I'll post pics soon.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I know you're planning a custom based on your artwork, but since this is an artwork thread it needs to be in Fan Art. Just be sure to post a customs thread for your custom when you start work on it :thumb 

As for the piece itself, I absolutely LOVE it. I love how you nailed the oldschool illustration. The figure is well done, also. Everything about this I just love. GREAT work :thumb 

9. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

THAT is awesome. Good job! :thumb 

10. timshinn73

Ebay:
    *shakes head*

Why is this thread any different than Delta posting images of stickers? Or pics of custom TF boxes? All are works created specifically for application to a custom, not just a piece of fan art.

I've already posted the image that will be mounted on card stock. Pics of the actual finished card were coming shortly.

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is different because your artworks is just that: artwork for your project. You're more than welcome to both provide a hyperlink to this thread and post the same images in your custom project thread. This will also give you a chance to have multiple threads and multiple discussions, as well as allow us to cross-pollinate the Fan Art and Customs communities.

The difference in the boxes and this thread is that the boxes are already made into boxes, thus taking them from the 2-D world (this forum) into the 3-D world (customs forum). When you actually produce your card back, then that will go in your Custom thread.

If you have further questions, please send a pm and I'll be more than happy to continue discussing the moderator action.