G.I. Joe Kre-O Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Shin Densetsu, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
  2. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Finally.

The Battleship sets showed me they could easily do G.I Joe if they wanted to so I'm glad they are expanding Kre-O to all their properties.

3. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

Cool! This is great news!

4. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Kind of not surprised, but great for any Joe fan! :) 

5. Sky Ray

Sky Ray Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So happy they made the decision to do it! Hasbro kept on teasing me with Battleship it was driving me nuts!

6. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm pretty excited.The only caveat is that while the Transformer Kreons look great for the most part, I have not been impressed with any of the human ones they've come with.If they can tweak the designs just a BIT for the Joe characters, I will be very happy!

7. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

It's about damn time!

I'm actually hittin up comicon this weekend, but sadly couldn't make it for thursday. I'm hoping they have some sort of preview of the new kre-o stuff for the rest of the days though. Last year Hasbro had a HUGE presence at Comicon and now they're a barely last minute addition on the preview night.

8. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
  9. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

The figures look great, especially the Joe Colton one, but the vehicles are kind of lack luster. Barely recognizable as the classic stuff they're supposed to represent imo. The Hiss Tank, while it's cool on it's own, doesn't look like a Hiss tank at all.

That said I'll still be grabbing buttloads of these little guys. It's a shame it looks like they won't be showing them at the actual con though.

10. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Well the good thing is, you can build them to look how they're "supposed" to!

11. Sky Ray

Sky Ray Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm liking the reveals so far, very surprised by the Kreons the most.

Most of the vehicles are basically Kre-O Battleship sets being re-used again, the Hisstank is just the Battleship Mine Styker given a new paint job and turret.

12. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

While that is an option, it would have been nice if they were more Joe like right on the box :p 

Some, especially the smaller ones, look a lot like how they're supposed to. But the "Dragonfly" and "Hiss Tank" are obviously just left overs from Battleship. I mean, the Tank doesn't even have the treads needed to turn it into a more Hiss like craft and it's kind of a let down.

13. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
  14. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I'm really digging the look of these. And while it is a bit of a cheap-out that they are re-using models from the Battleship line, they still work as decent looking military vehicles that the Joes could be using. Or Cobra.

I am really dissapointed this is only a TRU exclusive line though, why do I feel that these are going to be priced higher than the same sets in the available at every other retail Transformer and Battleship lines.

I'm definitely picking up two of Cutter's ship, it's nice to see they had plans to give us Destroyers for Battleship, these will look awesome as part of a flotilla with the Missouri and it's sister ship, the Tidal Wave. (I'm getting both releases of the Missouri.)

The Kreons are the best too. And while I admit the bland Human Kreons of the 2011 TF sets were, just that, bland, when Battleship and 2012 came around they managed to improve the humans.

15. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

with a better look at the TTBP set, they most certainly nailed the Trouble Bubble, Fang and Ram, and the actual platform itself is pretty damn close to the original toy. Seeing as they don't seem to be calling the blue truck a HISS tank though, I guess I'll cut it a bit more slack. If this first wave does well, I can only imagine we'll see more sets coming out along side the movie. If that happens I'm sure there will be an actual HISS Tank set, even if it's based more on the movie version then the classic one...which I'm completely ok with.

16. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
  17. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Great! Now I have the names of the sets, the number of Kreons in each one and their names as well. I sure hope it'll be as easy to figure out who's in each pack as it is with the TFs, I can see an endless army of Cobra Troop Builder Kreons in my future. :D 

18. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

lol gi joe kreo, is the line i have been wanting!

19. Hybrid Style

Hybrid Style AKA: TheFallen

News Credits:
    Do the Kre-O minifigs work with normal Lego? Are they about the same size as Legi minifigs? I ask because I already have Lego GI Joe vehicles so I am hoping they can all be compatible.

20. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

Yes, Kreons and Lego minfigs are almost the exact same size. They are aesthetically a little different, but Lego vehicles and Kre-O vehicles are certainly compatible.