G.I. Joe Fan Needs Transformer Suggestions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Monte Williams, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Monte Williams

Monte Williams Deconstructicon

Howdy Folks,

Weird question, perhaps...

I've been a fan of Transformers for twenty-some years, but my knowledge of the toys is vague at best.

Meanwhile, I am thinking of getting this G.I. Joe HISS Tank:

http://generalsjoes.com/reviews/2011/pursuit_of_cobra/vehicles/hiss_black.html

I thought it'd be cool if I used it as a Transformer in any photo-comics I might create. My point then, at long last:

Can anyone suggest a recent or semi-recent Transformer figure whose robot mode looks like he could theoretically transform into this tank?

Thanks!

Monte

2. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

Are you talking about bashing one? That is a big tank and with the treads being free rolling.It might be hard to work them into anything.If you are talking about one that looks like that,i don't think there is one.

3. Monte Williams

I don't believe there's any bashing feature, no. I could be wrong. It is indeed a bigass tank.

4. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Closest figure I can think of would be Transformers Animated Blitzwing. The treads aren't an exact match but they are the closest to that GI Joe vehicle that I can think of at the moment. I don't know if the robot mode's aesthetics would fit your photo comic; it has very stylized and distinct look to it.

He means are you planning on kit bashing the figure (repaint, remold, etc) or are you looking for something straight out of the box?

5. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I'm confused as to what your talking about.Are you wanting to turn that tank into a transformer or A transformer that looks like that tank?

6. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

these are the names of some tanks

blitzwing (decepticon)
    brawl (decepticon) from the combaticons
    bludgeon (decepticon)
    warpath (autobot)

non really look like that tank and none are traditionally black.

in the gi joe/transformers comics i think ironhide was made into a hiss tank, but the older version. the movie ironhide is all black and a tough mutha so he'd make a good hiss tank. his alt mode is a huge topkick truck. but hes dead now. :p 

hope that helps.

7. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

8. Monte Williams

Ha ha, I shoulda realized he meant kitbashing. No, I'm gonna leave it all black and I'd rather not paint a TF, I just want to find a TF figure whose robot mode is black and menacing and preferably includes treads. I love the Animated toys, but yeah, unfortunately the aesthetic is wrong for the HISS.

9. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Black sixshoot would be the best thing - but that is in the thousends of dollers leuge as he is a luckey draw and limited to 20 or so worldwide. If you even find one.

there is a black repaint thread in the toyforum, look at that one and see if you can find somehting in there. I cant remeber any black TFs that might fit your description.