Non-TF: G.I. Joe Borovian Mission Stalker

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by timshinn73, Jun 28, 2010.

1. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've been working on some custom GI Joe action figures and card style artwork lately and in the process doing a lot of research. Meaning watching old cartoons and reading old comic books. LOL. Hard work, I know.

Here's my take on Stalker based on his appearance in GI Joe #61 "Beginnings And Endings". Stalker was the leader of a small team of Joes (Quick Kick, Snow Job & Outback) ordered to infiltrate the People's Republic Of Borovia and rescue a reporter named Devlin Winchell. The mission was a bust and Stalker, Quick Kick & Snow Job were captured and sent to the Borovian Gulag. Outback escaped and later Snake-Eyes & Storm Shadow rescued Stalker and the other Joes.

Custom Figure Recipe:
    Head- modified (emblem removal) and repainted DVD Stalker
    Torso, hands, legs & feet- modified (torso) & repainted ROC Paris Pursuit Snake-Eyes
    Arms- modified & repainted Python Patrol Cobra
    Pouch- repainted Comic Pack Snake-Eyes
    Uzi with Silencer- Marauder's
    Neck- cut from Python Patrol Cobra, plastic welded to the modified torso, and sculpted turtle neck and gap filling with white stuff sculpting compound.

Painting:
    Nothing overly complicated. Gave the entire uniform a once over to match color (flat black) and added details with gray and silver. Head was totally repainted.

All card art, logos, graphics & type created in photoshop, printed on high quality paper and mounted to card stock.

Thanks for taking a look and for any comments you might like to share.

Attached Files:

2. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    i think that i'm your biggest fan

:) 

3. timshinn73

Ebay:
    You're too kind!

4. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    why too kind ?
    i just say what ever comes to my mind , sometimes it puts me in awkward situations but...

i dig your work alot ,its so acurate and complete all done maybe slow(as u say) but damn , drawing a sketch and then bring it to 3d its f$##$ing awesome .

5. timshinn73

Ebay:
    This one took less time than most. Did the character illustration in about 6 hours and the figure only took a few days.