G and MB - the difference?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Ghost Prime, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

Ok heres the situation. recently i moved to my new house and my broadband providers are being a massive pain in the ass connecting me. Im with SUPANET, so basicaly my advice is AVOID AT ALL COST! not a single person who works there is english or can speak english, there all paki and cannot speak much english at all and yet they tell you there names are things such as Brian/claire/rupert!?

well im NOT connected yet thanks to them but before i moved i asked what my connection speed would be, i was told around 5-6MB yet today i was told im only going to be getting 1-2MB!? i went ape shit and started asking to speak to a manager as ive been lied to the past 7-9 times i previously called and asked what my connection speed would be (all other times ive been told 5-6 at least considering im paying for 8MB Broadband) yet there responce was 'my name is Brian and we do not have supervisors sir, my name is brian, i am with supanet' so basically i was given another number and thank christ the person who answered was English. Basically i was told BY HIM who WORKS FOR SUPANET that the company is a joke and basically has an oversea's number service yet almost none of the people who work there can speak a single sentance in english...

i have a portable Vodafone internet connector that works on WI-FI (i think) and that comes up with G instead of MB....
    Before at my old house i could get 3G on it and that was fantastic because i use my Broadband for online podcasting/my website/downloading music and movies and the 3G connection gave me super fast speeds and loaded pretty much everything straight away. It some times gives me 2G however which is usless and talks almost an entire day to load a single 30minute manga episode yet on 3G it loads straight away...

so what exactly IS the difference between G and MB? is G more faster than MB? im just trying to figure out because my broadband from supanet has me on a contract yet there messing me about and im trying to figure out speed from G and MB and more info off them to see if i can cancel my account with them as there just utter usless...

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    3G = a phone service
    8MB = broadband

They're unconnected.

3. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

yeah real smart...i already knew that if you read what i wrote down...

what i mean is this - is 3G = to that of say something like 5MB?

its because if 3G gives me super fast broadband for watching online movies and podcasting then is that = to something such as 5MB?

its even worse because my portable broadband connector (that gives me 3G) cant get a damn singnal were we have moved to and now only gives me 2G which is almost as slow as 56k! i feel like im back on the old dial up method now as both my broadband networks seem about as usless as an asmatic ant carrying a load of heavy shopping

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator