Future truck, SUV, thing that Skids is alt discussion...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by eyeballkid, Jul 29, 2006.

1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Hound was cool, I know that some folks will agree. Swindle was nicely remolded. Skids was cool, I know that some folks will disagree. Op was, well I havent seen him yet...Nemmy is a joke I want no part of...

Point is...Op was a very cool concept, but poorly enginnered. (the truck is awesome, but from what you guys post in regarding the lack of articulation, as well as the hood just hanging in bot mode)...what do you think about possible Alts that are not cars..

Did the engineers maybe get scared of making bigger bots with a guideline in regards to a price point? Or will they learn from their mistakes and make proper versions of Ratchet, Trailbreaker,

2. Wheeljack

Wheeljack Liquid Phoenix

My Primes hood doesn't just hang there it clips in. There are pegs for it to link into. Now the legs are a bit loose but no more then others he is easy to transform. From all the horror stories I was shocked how easy he was to change. He does has some color issues. His Bot red is a bright red where his alt mode red is darker. I think he is cool though.

3. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

OPs hood snaps in place if you transform him correctly by lowering that horrid crotch plate. I do not lower it, hence the hood on mine is just really held down by gravity and friction, however I think it looks mucho better that way. and every pic of him has it TF'ed that way...even the box art is...even the box art on nemesis prime is.

4. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Prime is a fine Alt. Most people are scared of the leg transformation where you have to pull the upper leg out. Some people are even comparing it's transformation to Grimlock, which I really don't get.

I don't think anyone's broken the toy yet by pulling the leg. At least it wasn't reported. :D 

As far as non-car Alts, I'd like to see 1/24 bikes. That combine. :D 

For other trucks they could go for the more exotic models, like the H3, the SSR, and so forth.

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i still want to see a REAL van. we can still hope for rachet.

one van i think looks cool tho is toyota alphard.

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I want a Sienna minivan as Ratchet and Ironhide

7. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking at Prime and nemesis Prime side by side (as I did this weekend at my friend's house). I have to say the mold just works better for Nemesis Prime than it does for Optimus. I'm attributing it to the colors mostly as Optimus' blue makes the toy look more KOish than the all black on Nemesis Prime.

8. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    I just want to see Ratchet & Ironhide. Period.

They're the only alternators/binaltech figures missing from the regular-sized G1 automobiles from Seasons 1&2. I've already accounted for Trailbreaker 'cause I'm waiting for the shipping of Nemesis Prime from BBTS and I have a loose Swindle head ready for a straight-forward kitbash.

A green re-paint of Nemesis Prime would make a good Hoist too...

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Agreed. As I did the last time you said that. Although, I think the crotch plate looks better down on Nemesis Prime than it does on Prime. Mainly, because with Nemesis it's still all black either way where with Prime you cut off half the color of the lower legs.

I'd like to see a Rodimus retool from Mirage at some point. And a nice Nightbeat retool from Prowl. I do have to wonder what repaint/retool we'll get out of Skids though.

10. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Sounds good, but does hasbro want to make an alt out of a vehicle that is not exactly popular because of the vehicles' 'looks'? Minivans are mostly designed for usefullness, not speed, or power, or ruggedness like all of the other alts.

11. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that already being done?

12. Crobot91

News Credits:
    Sure is! Red Ford GT as Hot Rodimus in the upcoming KISS line. Can't wait for it and it looks awesome based on the colour sketch... no actual images of the toy yet! :( 

13. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Personally I don't know why Hasbro released him as Prime (I know why in the Japanese market) but Hasbro could have made a black version with Swindle's head to sell as Trailbreaker. I do have Prime and I would like to see other larger vehicles like the H3 or a Jeep (Kahuna anyone) or something different. Concept cars would rule.

14. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Swindle's head won't just pop on. The post is too small. :cry  I had to use sculpty on the back of the head to make it work.... Well sculpty and expoxy. But once you get the head to work all it takes is a little paint. :rock  I hope to have pics up today or tomorrow

15. Crobot91

News Credits:
    Thanks for the update! Show us the pics when you get a chance.

16. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    See the Kitbash form for fist pics

17. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, in all actuality he's only a repaint in the KISS line. What I was saying is that I'd actually like to see Hasbro retool him if they release that color scheme in the Alternators line. You know... give it a head that actually resembles Rodimus. That's what I was saying. That and I don't want to have to import another BT... all the other Takara exclusive colors have cost me double to nearly triple the price of an Alternator to get ahold of and the diecast just doesn't mean that much to me... not when that's another $20 to $40 I could spend on other toys, but I'm a whore for this line. I love BT/Alts... even the damned KISS recolors are nice...