Future re-release of G1 figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Viper08, Nov 12, 2010.

1. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Theres no way to know for sure about the viability of a mold thats 20+ yrs old. Especially the very early Diaclone/Microman molds that the earliest TFs were made from. We've seen mold degredation - Bruticus/Ruination, and we've seen some mold re-tooling - Jazz's head. The g1 line as a whole is massive. There is no way to know what has "survived" (if that even applies) and what hasnt. I know that my vintage Skids, Ironhide, Sideswipe, Grapple, etc are much more cohesive in both modes. Those figures being compared to various re-issues. TRU Comm.,TFC Dreamwave, encore. I dont know if that shows some kind of mold degredation, or simply because the re-issues are made in China, and the vintage ones were made in Japan. I highly doubt that the factories in China - in 2004, are using the exact same injection molding and die casting machinery and equipment from 1983 + '84 + '85, or '86 + '87 for that matter. I doubt that the equipment went from Japan to China just to make these toys. The Chinese have thier own equipment to mass produce toys, and everything else, based on the specs provided by the company/companies they are manufacturing for. The fit and feel, the high quality, and the attn to detail can sometimes fall off, compared to the Japanese made TFs. As far as Hasbro doing another re-issue "line", I doubt it. For the reasons citied in this thread earlier. I'm sure we'll get some re-issue action sprinkled in throughout the coming releases, but not an entire "line" again. I have a mix of vintage and KO Dinobots. All of them look minty fresh and sexy. The prevalence of the KO makers, and the high level of quality they produce, and sites like eBay, and the rest of the secondary market, all make it pretty easy to find what I'm looking for. Its just a matter of cost. I wouldnt mind seeing re-issues of the Head/Powermasters. And maybe one day I will. Untill then I'll save up my $, and buy them used, and restore them.