Digibash: Future Projects

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Work on my current projects is going a little slow, though I'll hopefully have an update on those up in a day or so. These are kitbashes I have planned for the future.

The first one is the main character of my fan-fiction, Raven (my sig links to it ;) ). I've been through tons of different design ideas for him, but this is my final one for him. All I need to do now is get the two figures I need and start working on him. Only design element that might change is the head. I'd love to recreate Transtech Starscream's head for him, but I'm not all that good at sculpting, and there aren't really that many already existing heads that are close enough. I also did a version of this in the colors he starts out in (aka before the "accident" happens, which will be in the next chapter). Might upload that and put it in a later post for reference, but I don't plan on kitbashing that version of him.
    [​IMG]

Since I plan on getting the Rodimus vs. Cyclonus 2-pack, and thus replacing my current Rodimus and Cyclonus, I've decided to kitbash them into other characters.

Rodimus will be turned into Super Side Burn to go along with the TFCC Side Burn repaint of the same mold. This digibash is basically a rough idea for him. I'll go off of Side Burn's color placement when I do this (that way they match somewhat decently, lol).
    [​IMG]

Cyclonus was a little harder to come up with an idea for. Since I have two RID Optimus Prime's (original Leader and the 6" Titanium), I decided I should even the odds by turning Cyclonus into another RID Megatron. Actually works a lot better than I had originally thought. Not sure what I'll do for the head yet, and I might do some modding to the wings, but for the most part I've got the color scheme down. Didn't do a digibash for it, but Nightstick will most likely be turned into Fracas for Scourge.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Bort826TFWorld

Bort826TFWorld OOGA CHAKA

News Credits:
    For RiD Megs, try getting some Lego bat wings to replace them.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm considering doing something like that, or possibly modding the fins from the arms to have a dragon-ish look to them and using those.

4. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

What bodyparts is "he" suppose to be made from? If you can because "he" looks awesome.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    lol, thanks for pointing that out (didn't realize I forgot to put his name in the description, lol). Anyways, he, Raven, is made from two crossovers figures. The Spider-Man/Helicopter mold, the TIE pilot/TIE bomber mold, and the head is from the Transtech Starscream prototype (something I'm hoping to recreate...somehow).

6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The new Terradive figure's head is somewhat similar to Transtech Starscream's, although skinnier. But it would be a good starting point, I think.

7. Ezilla82

Interesting choices for molds. It'll be interesting to see how its put together and how it transforms.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I sort of see it, but I imagine that it'd be too small for this. These Crossover figures tend to be closer in-size to Voyagers. The one head I've found that I think might work size-wise, would be Armada Skywarp's head. I would say Depth Charge's head would be a good starting point, but I have no idea how big it is.

I've got the transformation for the most part worked out in my head. The arms will create two extra engines where the tail of the copter used to be, and I'm considering modding the sheilds to be easier to remove from the arms, and then have them attach to the two larger engines that are formed by the legs. It's something I'll have to fiddle with when I get the figures.

9. Ezilla82

I thought earlier Raven would be a satellite of some sorts or something kinda like Slave-1. But anyways like I always say its your custom and you do whatever you want to make it cool in your eyes.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That was my plan for a while, but I've found a better use for the Blades figure I was working on (Galvatron). That and using crossovers figures helps separate his design from the other TF's in my collection. I've got another kitbash in mind for the Spidey-copter mold, but that'll have to wait till after I get everything for Raven. I've also got to come up with an idea for new legs for it too, lol.

I've also got an idea for an improved Grimlock, but need to see how big the ko I plan on using is compared to the figure I already have, before I can really plan anything for it.

11. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I find it hilarious that both you and I have fan characters named Raven that have red and black figuring prominently in their colour schemes and transform into some kind of flying thing.

That said, great to see the SpideyCopter mold being used, that's my favourite Crossovers mold. Do tell if you find a way to make his biceps less unfathomably tight.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Really? Interesting, but given how man TF fans there are, not entirely surprising. Your Raven wouldn't happen to have a tragic run-in with the Decepticons (causing his armor to change colors, and a slew of other issues), a weird connection to the Dinobots, and a slight obsession with polka music, would he? lol.

First I've heard of the bicep issue. I'll have to see what I can do when I finally get the figure.

13. ThaConqueror

Nope, he's just a bodyguard. With huge-ass swords.

(Colour-changing 'Con issues, Dinobots and polka...odd combination of character traits)

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sounds pretty cool. I've actually got an axe from a cheap ko of a transforming toy from another line (can't remember the name of it) that I plan on giving to Raven as a part of his weapons (along with a pair of guns from a Classics Starscream figure).

Oh, there's a whole lot more to him, lol. I was originally basing him off of myself, but he slowly turned into a more dramaticized variation on certain parts of my personality. For example, I'm not obsessed with polka, but I do really like the polka song that was used in certain episodes of Red vs. Blue.

Edit: Might as well add this while I get the chance. Like I said in my first post, it's not something I plan on kitbashing, but this is what Raven looks like when he's built, and all the way up till the incident. I'm currently working on writing chapter 3 of my fan-fic, and it should happen in this chapter (not sure I'll be able to cut it down enough to fit in just one chapter).

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Updated the two pics of Raven (and my sig, lol). I was using the Transtech Autobot logo as a stand-in till I got my modified version finished. Took a little longer, but I finally got it to look right. It's essentially just the Transtech Autobot and Decepticon logos merged together. It's a little warped in the digibashes (to help make it look like it's actually there), so here's the full version of it.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. ThaConqueror

Cool, I loves me some merged symbols (though the only unique symbol I've done for my many designs is the Maximal symbol merged with one of those hats with the cork bobbles that stereotypical Australians wear - even though I hate the Australian stereotype, I just couldn't resist that one for my Australian animal combiner team).

17. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

Raven looks awesome. He'd make a great Ultra Class figure.

18. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Those are some cool looking digibashes. I'm looking forward to the RID Megatron kitbash. That looks real promising. :thumb 

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. I was originally attempting to come up with something original, but couldn't get any of my ideas to look right. I then decided to look through the many official logos for inspiration, and happened upon the Transtech logos. Something about them just clicked (might have something to do with my decision to base Raven's head on Transtech Starscream's, lol).

Thanks. The size he'll be works fine for me, but an Ultra sized figure would have been cool too.

Thanks. I've actually got a bit of a dragon-mode in the works for him. It's not perfect, but it works for me. I'll have to take a picture of it and upload it sometime. I'd start working on him and Super Side Burn now, but I want to wait till I get their replacements first (just in-case I'm not able to get the 2-pack for some reason).

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    You are the god of digibashing.

I like the Super Sideburn idea.