future of transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by tfomegaprime, Sep 16, 2012.

1. tfomegaprime

tfomegaprime tail pipe

I know that this been discussed a lot so I made a thread of it.What is the future of transformers if there are only three shows airing?

2. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is not news. Moving to TFGD.

3. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Only Three shows airing is better than other toy lines get.

4. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I honestly think that Transformers are getting rather stale now and I have noticed that even kids seem to be burnt off of all the Optimus' and Bumblebee's that are there.

I think that Transformers as a brand needs new ideas and new characters. Which means retire Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Bumblebee and the rest of them for some time. Have some new characters, some new factions some new story-lines! It doesn't have to be set on Earth it doesn't have to be Autobots VS Decepticons it doesn't have to be homages to G1 etc.

Taking a franchise in a new different unique direction for a couple of years like beast Wars did can do the franchise good. You have the movies for Optimus and the gang of G1 homages so why not have shows that are made up of completely new characters. That way kids will both get into the movies and the shows because of how different they are.

Tha main reason as to why Prime isn't doing too well in the toy sales is just that. Prime and the movies are too similar and kids don't want to buy toys of characters they already have.

So I really think that a new direction other than Autobot VS Decepticon on Earth is the way to go.

Sure most the fans will bitch and moan and comlain how it's the worst thing that has ever happend to Transformers but I'm pretty sure most of us are used to that.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "ONLY" three shows? That's kind of a hard statement to take seriously, what with Transformers not being Law and Order or CSI. I've actually been a little surprised that the Hub runs so many different TF cartoon iterations at once (in this case, two first-run shows in Prime and Rescue Bots, and two 'classic' shows, G1 and Animated) and risk confusing the audiences with four different takes on the same base subject matter. Hardly a complaint, but the point is the average franchise rarely has more than one or two televised iterations on the air at once.

6. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "only" three shows is ridiculous. :) 

7. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    To me the problem isn't the Autobots or Decepticons, its the characters.

I think they could of kept vehicle mode base transformers had they been more bold with ideas. Its a war, not every soldier sees the top figures in battle. They could of done a series about the point of view from the war from bots and cons that never seen Prime or Megatron's forces before. Then we would of have the same factions, vehicle transformers still, but new characters to keep it fresh.

Or they could of done a series that starts from the final battle of the war. One that the Decepticons won, Optimus falls to Megatron, and Prime's army falls around him. Earth is enslaved by Megatron and only a hand full of Autobots survived and only Grimlock (smart) is the only high ranking member to still be online. Megatron leaves to aid Shockwave on Cybertron and has Soundwave be his governor of Earth. We could of had something like that, which forced the Autobots to have to battle to liberate Earth.

But at this point its like that one funny joke that's been used too many times. Prime the top bot, Megatron the top con, Soundwave is loyal suck up, Starscream betrays, and Autobots win. There is only so much that can be done with the same characters until is no longer holds that same special impact.

Sadly, its time to park the Autobots and ground the Decepticons once more in hopes to get Hasbro to become bold and fresh again. While I would welcome a return of beast mode transformers, I don't want the ones I grew up with as the main characters for a new series. I would want new characters, that would force people in the series to come up with creative and bold ideas, like they had done with Beast Wars in the first place.

8. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    It's simple really. As I mentioned before, the sequel series to Prime will be an economic failure, Hasbro will be forced to bring over BW II or BW 2 just like they did with RID, then start completely anew with something similar to, but hopefully better than (that does not include 3D animation) Armada.

9. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    There's no way that will ever happend because most of the BW II an BW Neo guy were just unsuded Beast Wars characters that had toys but were never used in the show.

There would be no toys for those shows and there for they won't bother with it.

10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Methinks you need to learn the difference between "of" (a preposition) and "have" (a verb).

11. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

WE NEED MORE PLANET HOPPING.

Seriously, I would buy anything from a toyline featured in a show with:

-New, awesome, in-depth characters
    -beautiful art direction
    -an engaging enough story

The toys would have to be nice too, but come on

I want some more planet exploration.

12. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

beast wars 2
    maxmals was animals
    predacons was dinos
    both groups look capuses in whole show

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    'Only' three shows? Is 'only' three shows an indicator that Transformers is failing? It only had one show back in the 80s and the franchise didn't come to and end then. And it's also survived with no shows at all.

Saying 'only' would be like saying scientists 'only' cured Cancer, Aids and any third terrible illness I can't think of an example for right now. If only having three things on the go isn't a good thing then how many is? Would having four shows assure a good future indicator for the franchise? Five? Maybe we need fifty Transformers shows going at the same time for it to come out okay.

Just have one show. A really good show. That would make me happy enough. If that's a whole new direction and characters then so be it.

14. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    yeah lol only 3 shows? how many should we have? 10? or perhaps a whole channel that airs nothing but TF cartoons? and the movies?

aaaaand the comics and video games are doing very well i understand if i may add. "only 3 shows." when i was still young and in the single digits i would have loved 3 transformers shows. all i had growing up was G1 and i liked it! "only 3 shows", HM! you dont even KNOW how good you have it. how many toylines? Prime, Bot shots, Rescue bots, and generations, making 4. "only 3 shows." pshhhhhhh

talk to me when the only show we have is "Transformers: The Misadventures of Pipes"

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Basically another Transformers Cybertron but better. I sure want that,

16. KingStyle

KingStyle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like a Pre-G1 story. From the beginning so to speak. I want it all on Cybertron with all its complexity and design, I want a fresh story with characters prior to Prime. I want to see how Megatron came to be, etc etc. Almost like Teen-Transformers, but not really. Almost all of the characters would be new, and we would have new OP-style leader figures to get. Hell even an Autobot Starscream also.

17. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 Some sort of artist

We need (I can't believe I'm going to say this but ) Cybertron mixed with prime Smokescreen BW Dinobot and LeoCconvoy a convoy in a US show would freash things up bit

18. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The future is and always will be hasbro doing something safe and accessible that keeps the cash cow alive.

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Are you kidding me? This is the first time in Transformers history that more than 1 show has been producing new content at once. Future's looking pretty bright if it's up to 2-3, even if only temporarily.

What's the future look like? Well, the original show is still a substantial draw in syndication, 28 YEARS LATER. That bodes well for the brand as a whole.

20. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What exactly is the THIRD show? Prime & Rescue bots are the only ones I know. Old show reruns don't count. Also, this the first time they've ever had two shows going at the same time so its not like its dying if they go back to one show.

I think Law and Order & CSI is the only shows that have had 3 versions running at the same time.