Future of TF: Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by RoccaDNB, Aug 16, 2011.

1. RoccaDNB

RoccaDNB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well when I did the first post, it was a cloud of ideas scribbled down, of course.
    My intention was never to shoehorn BW into tf prime.

But moreso indeed to sort of lead to A beast wars.
    Or even just nodds, to make fanboys go mad.
    Ending the series of course just with the bots and cons. But, also having set a sort of hints to some things that happened in the beast era.

Like for instance, Megatron putting info on two golden disks, as a failsafe.
    Or have them communicate with the Vok.
    I just think it would be awesome to get some nodds to the Beast era.

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That sort of thing will make people think they're trying to tie the two very different shows together, and by doing that they would tie TP with G1 and how would that fit in with this G1 reboot?

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

To be perfectly honest... to me... it sounds like the "Aligned Continuity" is described to be Hasbro's attempted to wedge all different continuities past and future into one big continuity. It's not just WFC and Prime, they're actually trying to make all of Transformers the same continuity. I mean think about it, the Aligned Continuity bios for many Transformers incorporate aspects of all of their past and present name sakes in an attempt to make all the different incarnations of that character into the same person. Jazz for example is a picture of G1 Jazz but mentioned him being a Cyber Ninja which is taken from his Animated counterpart.

I've tried to do this myself before but it would take a massive re-write of 27 years of Transformers history in order to make it work. Or the introduction of a new plot device that can do anything from change a character's appearance to his faction, memories, personality, and even his origin. Magic plot device would be a great way of explaining the different origins of the G1 Constructicons. Did they build Megatron? Did Megatron Build them? Did Megatron only reprogram them? We don't know. But magical Aligned Continuity plot device says everything some how fits together even though it doesn't make any f-ing sense at all. Oh and lets not forget that every incarnation of Sideways are all suppose to be the same person so magical Aligned Continuity plot device can also explain how he's managed to die at least 3 different times, how he and Unicron can be the same character and also not be the same character, and sense he's also Nemesis Prime I guess all Nemesis Primes are the same guy even though in the comics he's a different character from Sideways but in the cartoon they're the same person.

My brain hurts thinking of all these massive plot holes. It would be great to have an Aligned Continuity but the magical plot device of Hasbro just saying "we'll they're aligned now" without actually explaining how that even works just isn't doing it for me. The aligned continuity does not really exist until Hasbro actually takes the time to re-write all of TF history in order to either fill in the plot holes or erase them from existence. In the cases of characters having more than one origin that would mean picking a single origin for that character and saying all other versions no longer exist in the Aligned Continuity. Characters who have died have to stay dead or have a reason they can come back to life. Optimus Prime and Starscream are good on that count but Sideways and Jazz just magically come back to life for no reason. And Optimus Prime can't say stupid things like "I've never seen a motorcycle transformer before." or "I've never seen a beast transformer before" when he in fact has seen both in the original transformers. And Ultra Magus can't be a jerk to Optimus Prime... ever... There's many many more reasons why you can't just say "they're aligned now" and expect it to work but it'd take me 27 years to list them all and it's probably going to take 27 years for Hasbro to actually create an aligned continuity. Of course that's assuming they spend the next 27 years after Prime is over banging out all the plot holes.

There's no aligned continuity and never will be. The more new Transformers material that surfaces the longer it will take to actually align them into a plot line that makes any sense.

4. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    I am so sick and tired of everyone complaining about the Aligned Continuity.

Does it exist? YES!
    Does it seem confusing? YES!
    Is there anything we can do about it? NO! Unless people want to complain some more, but that wont do sh*t.

The Aligned Continuity was formed by taking some aspects of all previous Transformers media. Some, not all. They basically took everything that was GOOD about Transformers and put it all into one. Yes, the Prime/WFC/Exodus connection may seem bogus, but the only thing really stopping that is how WFC seems too G1--yet, the G1 family mentions nothing about Dark Energon. Alex Irvine admitted he hadn't played the game back then. If he had, I'm sure the 2nd half of Exodus would have followed WFC more nicely. I'm sure he's played it, and watched Prime, before he started writing Exiles.

5. RoccaDNB

News Credits:
    Should I change the title to: "What will happen to the aligned continuity?"

:p 

6. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    That last paragraph. What if the big battle Optimus was talking about is the Beast Wars? The show did originally focus on the war over Energon which was apparently in abundance on ancient Earth. It would also be a good excuse to use Skyquake again...but they'd have to change his body a lot.

That's not really the point though. The Aligned Continuity is them taking the best parts of the past and melding them into one. They're basically choosing the most awesome parts of everything and making a continuity out of them. It's not meant to directly connect every single show ever, just the themes and characterizations from them. And to answer your questions:

"Anything you know from previous continuities might or might not be true."

So basically if they don't like an idea or character element they'll leave it out.

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You've gotta love people who cherry pick;) 

8. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This new continuity is created from tons of bits and pieces of old shows and continuities, while still adding new things to keep in new and fresh. No, it is not canon with WFC or Exodus, but it is still bitchin.

9. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I think TFWiki sums it up best. It's in canon with them in the same way the G1 cartoon and comics are. They're part of the same continuity family(G1) in which similar events happen, but they're not directly in continuity with each other.

Prime probably had events in it's past very similar to Exodus and WFC, however those aren't 100% literal representations of those events. They're more like rough approximations.

10. StarryAqua

News Credits:
    Unless Hasbro flat out says it all follows the same exact story, that's probably the best explanation for the Continuity. Who knows, maybe Exiles will contain more relations to Prime since Alex Irvine admitted he originally intended to have the word "Prime" in the title.

11. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

Hmmm a reboot of the beast era to go with Prime. I could get into it.

12. RoccaDNB

News Credits:
    This.

13. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I agree.

14. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    I've always wished that Hasbro bring a lot of the Maximals and Predacons back in a TV series. It was great when Animated brought back Waspinator, Blackarachnia and even Spittor, and personally I'd love to see Rhinox, Rattrap and Cheetor appear in Prime at some point (but not immediately, say around season 4 if they ever get that far). The idea of a Beast Wars reboot that follows on from Prime sounds fantastic as well, but whether or not Hasbro would actually be willing to do that is another thing.

15. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    For what it's worth Cheetor was in Animated briefly.

16. RoccaDNB

News Credits:
    ^^ Rattrap too

17. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Sorry to butcher your post to make a point but this actually helps to get across what I was saying in my last post.

Every new continuity already does that, what's different about it this time?

So basically they're changing previous continuities to make them fit into the new ones. Yup like I said, there is no aligned continuity, they're TRYING to make it that way but they haven't done it yet so it doesn't exist. It can't exist if it hasn't been created yet.

18. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

Here's how I think the Aligned Continuity works:

WFC and Exodus are the same idea, but retold slightly different.
    Prime takes place sometime after. It has a different stylization because of artistic liberties. Some events may have happened, some may have not.
    The important events are in the same continuity, but the details may have changed a little.
    Sort of like studying history... you know there's a bunch of guys who did stuff, but you don't really pay attention to what happens between each chapter.

It's the same thing with G1 and Beast Wars. BW clearly takes place after G1, but it's not exactly the cartoon or the comic.

Think of it like the Unicron Trilogy but slightly less convoluted.

I think Beast Wars could in theory fit in, but it would have to be in the distant future. Maybe at the end of the show they could hint at Maximals, but I've heard there are plans for more Prime shows. It wouldn't make much sense until the war is over with the Predacons' back story.

19. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    You can argue that but the point is that's what they're trying to do.

No they're not. Nowhere has it been stated that you're expected to consider the Movies in continuity with Animated, or the Unicron Trilogy, or any others. The point of the Aligned continuity is that it's a single unified verse that all projects will be set in for the forseeable future.

20. StarryAqua

News Credits:
    I refer everyone to my previous comments on this same thread about the Aligned Continuity.

Do you have Hasbro's approval to make that fact?