Future of Star Wars

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by RoadDoc326, Dec 4, 2009.

1. RoadDoc326

RoadDoc326 Member

I want to start collecting Star Wars toys but I have a worry about how much longer they will continue to make new toys. With no new movies in thw works where are they going to get the ideas for new toys.

How long do you think 3 3/4" Star Wars figures will still be being made?

2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know the Star Wars brand will last until 2010. I assume it will last a LOT longer, considering it still sells well and has a TV show to promote it.

I will seriously hate it if it ever ends. The one thing Hasbro should do to create better sales is better distribution and not overstocking stores, meaning creating better case breakdowns.

3. Plastic Man

Plastic Man The Man in Black

I was just thinking about how cool 6" Star Wars figures with DCUC possibility would be. You know, highly detailed, with lots of articulation, and a bigger scale. Wudaya think?

Maybe this will be another route for them to make more toys.

4. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Hey, if I can have access to a 6" Vader with decent articulation, I'm on board.

5. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Star Wars will never die!

6" DCUC-style Star Wars action figures may cause me to have to start collecting them again.

6. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

Hasbro has control of the Star Wars license until 2018, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

7. cleazer

cleazer Lost in the lights

News Credits:
    I can pretty much guarantee that Star Wars toys won't go away anytime soon. They've been going strong since 1977 (not quite continuously, but almost) and I think we heard that Star Wars was the number one boy's brand last year (someone correct me if I'm wrong), thanks to the strength and popularity of the Clone Wars tv show and toy line.

The Clone Wars will be lasting for at least another 3-4 years, and we'll get a new Star Wars live action show in few years, plus possibly another animated Star Wars series. The interest in Star Wars will continue to be very strong for years to come, and all the new episodes will ensure that there will be a stong supply of fresh characters and vehicles to make into toys.

It's safe to say that Star Wars figures will continue to be made for at least another decade.

8. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    If anything, I think they would be going stronger since everyone seems to be moving to 3.75 inch scale, which keeps other figures in scale with Star WArs

9. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Unlike everyone else in this thread, I would stop collecting Star Wars if they went to a DCUC style. I don't like the look of those figures, and I think Star Wars would translate horribly into that scale.

10. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The animated Clone War series will run another few years. By then, the live action show will be running as well.

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Star wars Toys were stores and selling in between the original trilogy and the prequel one, so even Star wars goes with out an active presence on tv or in the theater there will be toys, but i doubt there will be much of a lapse for quite some time

12. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Kinda hard for them to judge exactly what won't shelfwarm, though they could do with never, ever listening to fans again so they don't end up with SW nerd specific figures like the Gargan or something (the fat woman) that nobody ended up buying but demanded regardless.

Hasbro isn't responsible for distribution and for certain figures/waves being overstocked. That's the retailer's responsibility.

13. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

Star Wars will NEVER go anywhere since the CW line is out plus you still are seein the Legacy stuff thats from the orginal films. SO nothing to worry about with SW thats for sure. I've been collecting SW since 05 and havn't stopped yet.

14. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Star Wars figures/toys have been around for 30 years, and are still popular as ever. Lucas knows this is $$$ in his pocket. He won't let it die. There's the Clone Wars on CW, and after that, I'm sure there will be something else. Lucas at one point wanted to make a tv series with new characters. Not sure if this is still in development or not though. But it seems there will be SW toys for at least another decade.