Future movieverse TV show??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Defenestrator, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

I mean, considering that if they (ppl making the show) bought the animations and models from ILM, maybe it wont cost as much to animate, as many of the existing animations can be recycled. Put in cheap cg background (id assume ILM will clean out their pockets) and hey presto, new tv show! Of course this will require some amazing hardware to churn out the required quanitty at the required pace... but lets say in 3 or 4 years, advancements in technology may allow it. I'd hate for all those awesome 'bots (and 'cons) to go to waste in the aftermath of the third movie. wouldnt it be cool? Hopefully the guys who made TF:A do something like that.

Then again, hasbro probably wants to create a new toyline. So theyll probably say no.

2. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    It would be pretty lame,Like that Iron Man Armoured Adventures show.

3. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

cmon man thats shows okay. xept the lack of beard. thats messed up.

4. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

I assume that the price alone for a required episode would eat up money pretty quick. However, i'mall for anew cartoon based on the movieverse..

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't know you would have to change so much stuff that it might be better to just start a brand new show.

It would be insanely hard to get anyone to green light a live action show that would cost that much, so we will likely end up with a cartoon. The look would likely be simplified so instead of a movie look it would be more of the hybrid look.

Then you have the whole thing of the writing is really going to have to change to get a TV show out of it. By then it's just something totally different with the same name and bit of the look from the movie. Sort of like how the Godzilla and Clone Wars cartoons had to pull something out of movies that really didn't have much in the way of a story.

Plus the robots are really going to have to toughen up. Look at a show like Heroes where characters get killed all the time. Yea it was sort of interesting at first but after a while the show gets boring because you can't connect to new characters who often end up more interesting than the older characters.

And like you said there is the whole Hasbro always wanting a new series even if the current series isn't doing bad.

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Even with the animation models already existing, I can't see a movie-based tv show being economical, unless it was 100% cgi like Clone Wars, as others have already stated.

And even if it is possible, it would be extremely difficult to shoehorn the movie plot into a weekly series, as a greatly expanded cast would be necessary to keep the episodes from getting repetitive. This would require more animation models and thus, more money.

Or they could just start from scratch with a flash or cell-based show, and just use movie concepts and characters, but it would still likely need some re-imagining in terms of story.

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    no just no , im ready for a new non movieverse toyline

8. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    They could probably set it between the movies, with NEST hunting down the Decepticon sleeper cells.

9. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    As much as I love the movie-verse, I'd rather Hasbro focus their energies on creating a new universe, rather than recycling a pre-existing one.

10. jackets

jackets Gamer/Anime fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    seconded

11. Aernaroth

News Credits:

Would be harder than you think if they didn't want to get into the way of the comics and novels and such that have already been done. This is assuming you mean the two movies that are already out.

If you mean the next movie, it would probably be easier, but with a sequel series already in the works in the comics, the same problem arises.

12. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    The movie doesn't take the comics into account, why should the TV show? Especially if it's aiming to specifically fit in with the movies themselves, as opposed to the movie continuity family.

13. Khan-Gar

Khan-Gar Banned

It would be interesting, but it'd eat up $$$$$$.

As far as voices go, I think Cullen, Harnell (Ironhide), maybe Foxworth (Ratchet), and Adler (Starscream) would return.

14. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
  15. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    I suppose this is true, as the comics were designed to fit with the movies where possible, not vice versa. But what if the movie didn't even take its own tv show into account? With the significant difference in cost between making a comic and making a tv show, do you think this would be as likely? Do you think that kind of relationship between the two mediums (tv and film) is even possible? I can't think of an instance where it has been, except for movies directly based on a pre-established television series.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  16. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those All Could Work In A New Animated Movie-Verse Series, But Personally I Want A Series Based On The New "War Of Cybertron" Game.

17. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    This^^^ (for TV show)

18. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    This also. Basically anything related to War Within would be :drool: 

19. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    it would depend on how they handle it...

20. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

Its not a bad idea, but part of what makes me appreciate the movieverse is that I only see it every couple years. If it were to become say, a weekly thing, I'm worried it might become stale to me.