Future Masterpiece Releases?!?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by My03Tundra, Jun 26, 2006.

1. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Well, we have Optimus Prime, a straight repainted Ultra Magnus, and Starscream in the line. I have Optimus Prime, but not Ultra Magnus and plan on getting Starscream.

Now, like with the continued Alternators threads I thought it would be interesting (okay, I'm bored) to discuss future Masterpiece figures that wouldn't be upgraded forms of their G1 selves, but be highly detailed, articulated versions of their original self with die-cast metal.

I have some characters in mind that I'd love to see as Masterpiece characters. Here is my short list:

MP-06: Bumblebee. He would come with a small Spike Whitwicky who could sit inside of Bumblebee in vehicle mode. Bumblebee wouldn't have a gun, but Spike would have an "Autobot" gun he could use. :) 
    MP-07: Soundwave, with Ravage and Laserbeak. Would have a base with a speaker and MP3 playback capabilities. His casetticons would transform and be highly articulated.
    MP-08: G2 Style Megatron (tank). M1-A1 Abrams tank, highly detailed in urban camoflauge. His tank barrel would attach to his arm in robot mode to form his signature Megatron appearance.

2. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Here are my thoughts:

MP06 - Bumblebee that transforms into an accurate VW yellow bug.

MP07 - I would die to have a Prowl / Smokescreen / SilverStreak that transforms into an accurate Datsun Fairlady Z

MP08 - another idea maybe is to have a triple changer that can transform to both accurate car modes. e.g. Blitzwing that can transform into an accurate Tank and accurate jet mode that he has in G1

3. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Hmmm... I love to see a triple-changer, but for the Masterpiece line I think it should consist of a highly detailed, licensed when possible, vehicle mode and a highly articulated robot mode.

As for the Prowl/Smokescreen/Bluestreak Nissan Fairlady Z, that would be cool and as much as I like the Acura RSX-S (Honda Integra Type-R) Alternators mold I'd like to see a Masterpiece Prowl.

Each one of the figures I suggested would just be a Masterpiece form of their original self, like Optimus Prime. Essentially, Bumblebee would be a VW Beetle in his original form. He would not have a gun, but he would come with a small articulated Spike Whitwicky figure who could conveniently hold an Autobot gun.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well, I for one hope that soundwave comes with a rumble (show colors)... I'd also dearly love to see a Shockwave MP on top of an Abrahms Megatron... I'd also love to see a "perfect edition" of Magnus, trailer and all that like mp4...

5. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like a Masterpiece Obsidian.

Of course, I'm sure that as soon as I hear about it, I'll wake up.

6. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Oooh, I like the way you think! I had forgotten about poor ol Shocky (Shockwave) and I think everyone here would unanimously agree with a Masterpiece Shockwave based on his laser gun form with a highly articulated, cartoon accurate, robot mode.

7. REDLINE

News Credits:
    yes... dreams like that punch holes in my ceiling!

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My guess is the rest of the MP line will look kind of like this:

MP-05: Thundercracker

MP-06: Skywarp

MP-07: Black Convoy

MP-08: Ultra Magnus with repainted MP-04 Convoy trailer

MP-09: Sunstorm

MP-10: Black Convoy with trailer

MP-11: Rerelease MP Convoy with night vision goggles.

9. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Tossup between
    Shockwave
    Skyfire (NOT Jetfire)

10. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Hmmm... a transforming version of Skyfire (or Jetfire as his name is now, thanks to Hasbro losing the Skyfire name) in Masterpiece form. Someone made a custom Skyfire using 20th Anniversary Prime and it was one helluva bang up job.

As for the repaints, I'd be willing to buy a Masterpiece Sunstorm, if subtle mold changes are done.

Now, if we're talking true Masterpieces items, worth the money making them I'd love to see Masterpiece scale War Within characters. I can't wait for the Titanium Optimus Prime and Megatron to come out.

11. Lazerbeak

Lazerbeak Keronian Ambassador

I wanna see Masterpiece Blast-Off, just 'cause. An MP Octane what turns into a mega-realistic airliner would rock ass too (no triple-changing, it would ruin the toy).

I also wanna see a Masterpiece G1 Swindler, only because he was the only (official) DeLorean TF ever.

12. REDLINE

News Credits:
    I will buy every seeker they do if they are of the 7 characters we have (or if they did a ghost starscream, then 8). the name Jetfire doesn't bother me since that was the toys name anyway. but a masterpiece of him... one that outshone all the 1/48 macross that're out there.. yeah I'd be all over that.

hey, as big as the MPs are, they ought to be able to make a triplechanging octane that was great in all three modes I'd think.

pfff delorean :p  ;) 

13. callmaster

callmaster Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a G1 Megatron.

Btw, I have a few MP-02s comin soon.

14. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

knowing takara, it will not come with spike, but a half naked carly in questionable poses, also, with her being 10 :lol 

15. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Takara cant give us a G1 Megatron, I hope they can give us a G1 Galvatron! I think he will look awesome!

16. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

The main flaw with this idea is that I forsee the proto of next 'new mold' MP figure being shown to us, lets say, for example MP-05 Grimlock, being absolutely and totally the Grimlock of our dreams, huge, poseable, and spot on for what the majority expect G1 Grimlock to look like in an 'ultimate' version.
    Then at the 11th hour, just as tons of us make our preorders, and shout with glee over a longtime dream realized, some "brilliant" designer will stumble along, and "improve" the sculpting on the proto, so that all of a sudden Grimlock now turns into a monitor lizard with a glowing brain horn...
    I may sound a bit bitter, but this whole thing with Screamer has really left me pretty disallusioned right now.
    I'm not holding my breath on this line anymore.
    Famous or not, the guy who butchered SS should be ashamed for what he did.

In a perfect world, where Takomy actually cared about the quality of their product, and what their fans wanted, the world over, I would really want that MP-05 Grimlock...

17. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    Masterpiece Ironhide would be great... And for the Decepticons, Megatron and Soundwave.

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Megatron and/or Galvatron
    Soundwave (with casette support crew),
    Rodimus Prime

Those Japanese guys probably want a Masterpiece Victory Saber or something dumb like that. :) 

19. Gobot Galvatron

Gobot Galvatron Well-Known Member

MP-05 Hot Rod
    MP-06 Rodimus Prime
    MP-07 Megatron
    MP-08 Galvatron

Truly...TRULY a dream come true...

20. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Likely ones

Soundwave(hopefully with four cassettes) possible because of soundblaster repaint
    Megatron or Galvatron (prime needs some one to fight)
    If the trailer set sells well
    Ultra Magnus (with transforming trailer)
    Rodimus Prime