future look for Tidal wave

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by supernova222, Jul 31, 2012.

1. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i've kinda gotten into the character of tidal wave lately and was wondering what others thought his colors should be if he returns; his armada show colors, armada toy colors, energon colors or differnet ones. also what else he could transform into in the future. opinions?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also here are some artworks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Personally, as long as he kept a water-based alt mode, I'd probably be happy with whatever he looks like. I dig the "lightning bolt" look of Energon, but the black and purple from Armada is just so BA. But I also love his Energon Mirage design. I can see him as an aircraft carrier, a speed boat, a submarine or even a battleship.

3. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    Bring him back as the Decepticon mothership used for transportation, something akin to the Revenge in Season 3 of G1.

4. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I think his Energon colors give more of a naval vibe which really fits the character.

But his Armada colors are awesome and if Has/Tak ends up using one mold for him and Broadside I'd rather have him in Armada show colors.

5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Seaspray with a new head? I know it's a downsize, but lately the homagey characters are relegated to repaints and remolds anyways.

6. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    I don't care how he looks, just bring him back now.

7. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just realized a Fans Project Warbot 03 "Broadside" would make an awesome base for a repaint/remold for Tidal Wave.

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Yes, more Tidal Wave would be good.

9. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What everyone else said

10. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Tidal Wave deserves more love.

Come to think of it, a lot of Armada characters deserve a lot more love. Cyclonus and Demolisher, anyone?

11. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Kinda like Omega Supreme in Animated or War for Cybertron...that's actually an interesting thought. Maybe Tidal wave could be the Decepticon mirror to Omega Supreme.

Well, Demolishor got some minor love in "War for Cybertron" multiplayer...much better ability set than Brawl, too (IMO). As far as I'm concerned, that means that Demolishor is now part of the "Prime" continuity, so maybe we'll see him again soon.

Cyclonus is trickier since he shares a name. but then again, there are now two Breakdowns (Stunticon and Soldier) so...who knows?

(Incidentally, looking up those links...WfC Breakdown is nothing like his old G1 profile.)

12. Stardust262

News Credits:
    Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes I'd kill to see them again

13. Stardust262

News Credits:
    They could always combine the two Cyclonuses

Armada Personality
    Armada Alt. Mode
    G1 Color Scheme
    G1 Basic Robot Mode Design

And make Mark Hamill his voice actor

14. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

If they do it in Prime and not WFC, I'm fine with it. Past that, Cyclonus doesn't even exist in either universe yet, so I guess it's fair game.

15. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    I wouldnt be surprised if Mastermind Creations does a tidal Wave version of Cyclops with a new head

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    He's a flying battleship, an ancient one at that. It's recovered by the Decepticons and the Decepticons modify it to be functional and transform in to a giant robot akin to omega supreme.

17. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  18. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I like Tidal Wave too. He's one of my favorites from the Armada toy line. Hate his Mini-con though because it's the smallest of all the Mini-cons with the worst articulation. G1 Rodimus Prime is a better toy and that's saying a lot. Tidal Wave though, he's a brick, but he's an awesome brick.

Now that you got me thinking about him, I just realized I have no idea where my Energon Mirage is? I like that design better because it's less of a brick and still cool. I just wish that they had kept calling him Tidal Wave though because Mirage to me is anyways a race car that turns invisible, not a boat.

It's also interesting that his name is Shockwave in Japan which is weird because Energon has a Shockwave character in it. (Shock Blast but his design features Shockwave's signature eye head, chest plate, and weapon arm, it's clearly meant to be Shockwave.)

What is up with the Unicron Trilogy giving names to characters that look nothing like who they were named after (Wheeljack) while at the same time having totally different characters that are actual homages to them? (Downshift) UT is just really bad with names.

Anyway, back to Tidal Wave... Has anyone noticed that the name "Wave" gets passed around alot? Soundwave, Shockwave, Tidal Wave, Heat Wave. Unlike "Prime" Wave doesn't seem to actually mean anything.

19. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Energon Mirage is a cool toy - no two ways about it. But he's not a fitting reformat for Tidal Wave, IMO. Tidal Wave should be a monster, like Trypticon. He needs to be big. Huge. Colossal. Enormous.

Well, part of it has to do with trademark law (use it or lose it). The other aspect - if memory serves - is that for a while there, Hasbro felt that the name "Wheeljack" sounded more like a heel than a face. (Think "carjack," a lá Grand Theft Auto.)

20. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    personally I like the animation colours but I dont think he's ever had a bad scheme.

As for a new toy given his old size class is dead I'd love to see him as a Legends base like the Prime and BB toys

Hey maybe the 3rd party will provide