Future Jazz?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eXist3nZ, Mar 10, 2012.

1. eXist3nZ

eXist3nZ New Member

2. Starscream600

Starscream600 Certified Virtual Pilot

Uh... Translation please?

3. eXist3nZ

eXist3nZ New Member

Translation (Kind of..)
    Sorry for the mistakes and the car terms that I don´t know how to translate

Italdesign Giugiaro surprises us again with a brand new prototype and this time they dare with an hybrid. The Giugiaro Brivido, is a prototype full of novelties, although with technological details that could be real in a few years.

The Giugiaro Brivido is a Gran Turismo designed and assambled in the factory that Giugiaro has in Moncalieri. The Brivido, although being a prototype, really works having inside 4 seats and an hybrid Volkswagen mechanics?? The hybrid gets from 0 to 100 km/h in 5,8 segs and with a top speed of 275 km/h.

A bodywork of 4,98 m is made of aluminium & carbon fiber, with really atractive lines looking for a sport as well as an elegant look. With seagull doors (opening to the top) and with and interior looking for the confort of the occupiers. Spot and confort, a complicated but possible mixture.

The carbon fiber forms part of an inferior aerodinamic panel and the back of the car where the agressive headlight stands out over the carbon fiber. We also find on the back of the car a tiny spoiler that will be activated at high speeds to increase stability.

The crystal surfaces also stands out in the Giugiaro Brivido, even the crystals are part of the structure of the doors, although a part of the crystals of the doors can be opened. The front headlight are made by sets of LED and are perfectly integrated in the bodywork.

The rearviewmirrors were substituted by two cameras that wil be spread out opening fins on the sides of the bodywork and will send out their images to two displays on both sides of the direction column (??). A solution previously seen on other prototypes, but not implemented on the actual cars.

The engine is hold in the front of the car, under the hood, that has a V shape in aluminium color, working as a reinforcement so the height of the frontal can be lowered. This hood, in the case of knock down raises slightly to minimize the damage inflicted on the pedestrian, another solution that we have already seen on cars such as the Nissan 370Z among others.

Volkswagen colaborated with Italdesign Giugiaro on several aspects, such as the electronics and in the instrument dashboad of the hybrid. The driver and the front passenger can interact with several tactile displays with several ways of displaying the info that has buttons that can be hidden when they are not in use. Plus on the passenger site there is a space to hold an iPad and hide it completely.
    On the back of the car, the passengers can also access to this info using a 3D glasses hidden in the front seats. Plus those seats also has LED stripes to facilite the access of the passengers to the backseats at night.

The engine is a 3 ltrs of 6 cylinders offering 360 CV and 460 Nm, in conjuction with the electric engine that offers 408 CV and 600 Nm. The gearbox has 8 velocities and the power is transmited to the back wheels. The suspension is neumatic with height adjustable that deforms on the front and multilink on the back.

A special version has been presented of the Giugiarno Brivido with the Martini Racing theme (Jazz) that looked son nice on the Lancia Delta. This brand sponsoring started on 1968.

A marvelous car that we surelly won´t see on the streets but it is also possible that the design lines finally will show up on models designed by Italdesign Giugiaro. Hybrid, confortable and sport are compatible ideas. Doesn't it look like the Ferrari F12?

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    if it actually becomes a Martini Racing sponsored car, I'm down.

5. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

That looks interesting. Sideview mirrors on the inside? Two gauge bezzels? Hmmmm....I kinda like this design.

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    its because the exterior side mirrors are just cameras, but damn, that is some buck rogers shit.

7. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Yeah this could definitely pass for a Jazz:

[​IMG]

8. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Yup, shoulda had towels with me when I Google images'd that car. Amazing.