Customs: Future Floor Polish

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Apr 27, 2011.

1. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Pledge is glossy, and you want to apply decals (if waterslide type) on a glosscoat finish so l would say go:
    Pledge-decals-dullcoat

Applied thickly over joints, either of sealers will possibly stiffen joints.

I tend to shoot Pledge through my airbrush unthinned, but brushing it on is fine as it rarely leaves brush stroke marks.

Remember, adding any kind of paint or sealer is adding layers and increasing thickness. So clearance and joint issues can arise. This leads to "paint rub" where moving parts can scrape away paint

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

Thanks for the advice! I haven't upgraded to an airbrush yet so I'll be brushing the Pledge on. Stickers I have are just regular ol' plumbuses...er...I mean stickers so I'll stick 'em on first then Pledge, then Dullcote.

3. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

Oh, one more question - is it better to seal and finish the figure fully assembled or in pieces and then reassemble it?

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Personally l do it when the figure is assembled. You can do it when apart but ive never seen the need to.

• Like Like x 1