Customs: "Future Factory" 3D Printing Class!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Sanjeev, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Well-Known Member

What's shaking, folks?

This announcement is kinda Customs-related, but I think it's more generally about producing your own robot figures via this new crazy medium, 3D printing. As such, I wanted to post it on this board to make sure people got a chance to peep what's going down. This is pretty big news for me: yours truly will be leading a class on 3D printing toys at Monster Kolor Studios in Massachusetts next month! I will be assisted by hardcore Microman/Diaclone collector, Ben "Prometheum5" Mininberg, and mecha artist extraordinaire, David White.

Not only will folks learn all the tricks necessary to start producing their own robots via home-3D printing, but students will actually print and finish their own figure through the course of the class! As Matt "Dead Presidents" Walker, owner of Monster Kolor, says below, You make it, you take it.

[​IMG]

The spots are filling up frighteningly fast, but if you're available and in the Massachusetts area, I really encourage you to come through. We're friendly guys who just wanna talk about toys! ;)  Even if the class is sold out, come anyway! For real. You may not get a spot to print your own figure, but you can see the whole process firsthand and otherwise participate.

As you can imagine, I'm pretty psyched about this class. It should kick off a pretty big year for us custom toy guys...as we bring some of the artistry and communal aspects of the designer resin/vinyl world to robot toy collecting!

Thanks for looking, and feel free to comment, grope, haze, whatever. ;) 

Edit:
    Perhaps it would help to post the registration link, no?
    http://www.monsterkolorstore.com/3d-printing-class/

:p 

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh, didn't realize some of you cats were local to the Stagwolf empire :) 

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's going to be a hell of a long class to get people with no design experience to designing and printing finished items. How many and what kind of printers will you have on hand?

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    8. No Website Advertising or Personal Ads
    Any posts or threads solely to promote a website or store, Transformers related or not, will be removed. This includes making posts with the intended purpose of promoting your own web endeavors such as review sites. You may place a link in your signature. The more you contribute to threads, the more exposure your site will get. If you wish to share your reviews, please post the entire content in the review here (text, video, pics, etc) for the community to interact with. Links to the source can then be placed at the end of the content. Personal ads looking for roommates, dates or “vote for me in this contest” will also be removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.