Future Bots/ Cons for leader posistion

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rattrap Primal, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

Well, let's see....
    Autobots:
    hotshot>>>>Nova Prime
    A Jet Robot>>>>Hawk Prime
    Leobreaker>>>>Leo Prime

Decepticons:
    Shockwave/blast
    Soundwave
    Nemesis Prime/Scourge
    Gigatron(like mega[tron]=1,000,000 giga=1,000,000,000[i think])

2. daMooseVS

daMooseVS Well-Known Member

Even BW has its fair touch of the epic, esp. as the series wore on. The name sakes are one thing, the pathes crossing with the original characters and setting Primal up as the inheritor of the Prime mantle, and BM ended with Primal saving Cybertron and destroying Megatron.

Bit more of an unsung hero kinda vibe is more what I was talking. Several things I read, I see Primal refered to as "legendary" and the ilk. Way I see it, this kind of story would center around some remote, distant outpost where next to nothing is going on, kinda how "Red vs Blue" opens. The Autobot outpost is there because the Decepticon outpost is there, and while they fight bitterly, the Autobots are there as a roadblock to the Decepticons, and these Decepticons are present for mostly mundane things- not to save the faction, not to find some ancient lost weapon, more than likely there for energy and the fact that the planet has interest for the Autobots due to the sentient life forms present.

3. xenocryst

xenocryst Why yes, I *am* a geek. TFW2005 Supporter

What about doing a show similar in style to Justice League Unlimited? Then we could see several leadership positions on Hasbro could keep renewing the names. Plus!... the show could elseworlds-type stories from time to time. They could use Japanese characters once in a while too, or maybe link some of the stories for a grand plot.

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Ratbat for Decepticon leadership!!

That was always one of my favourite Marvel WTF oddities. Seriously... it was kind of a fresh way to approach Con leadership. In fact, Marvel in it's mid-run did tend to focus on secondary characters a lot, especially since Optimus and Megatron were dead/missing half the time. The stories weren't always great, but I did like the way they used the characters more.

Anybody remember the Blaster/Grimlock duel for leadership of the Autobots?

I always held that Prowl was the official second in command for the Autobots. Jazz seemed like more the kind of guy who would assist whoever was in command. Of course, I don't really see either of them having the chops to be anything more than an interim commander.

Bot and Con rank structure was always a bit weird. Where did the Combiner Commanders fit in? Motormaster sure had the will and the power to step up, though he probably would have been usurped quickly due to the fact that everybody hates him. How about Hotspot for the autobots (no coincidence that the toy looked a lot like Convoy, right?).

And there were those other guys who seemed to have some major rank, but never got their time in the sun... like Roadbuster. And then there are those guys whose bio indicates that they'd be a heroic "prime" candidate for leadership... like Scoop or Springer.

Or how about the OFFICIAL Lieutenant Commander of the Autobots... SKYLYNX!

I mean seriously... SkyLynx in the leader's chair? Hmmmm... maybe if they gave him a cool new mold?

zmog

5. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want to see a facton of non-transforming Cybertronian warriors who are fighting the good fight

6. DESTRUCTICON

DESTRUCTICON Banned

Ebay:
    This deep & meaningfull. I like it! This is what I always thought as a grown up in similiaraties. Like the japanese mythos, and franchise. They had great DARK leaders that I would like to se get a chance. How about Magmatron, and Overlord.
    Deathzaurus and for an American/UK transformer of the decepticon league, BLUDGEON! My all time favorite in the IDW short lived stormbringer series.

For the Autobots. There is only one name that comes to mind that is already a bot, ULTRA MAGNUS! I love this guy. His spirit and pride of being an autobot plus hes much like Prime in a serious, knoble, protect all species kind of way.

Though, it would be grreat if they could put together some NEW characters with the same characteristicas and style, but make sure they dont screww that up. I could get into a whole new line of bots in the same universe as transformers. And then eventually cross paths with the old universe. Or characters. that would be great. Because one minutee you would be gettting just used tothe new bots and thier lives and goals, and then the next they will combine and you will see old faces again. That ALWAYS makes a fan happy.

7. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd go with Starscream for Decepticon leader. And how about Grimlock for Autobot leader??

8. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Sorry, when I get into typing I don't always spellcheck.

overexposed

9. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

other command ideas:
    1) if Heroes goes for a while, change leadership or don't have a new mold every season for the leaders.
    2) Have the Prime/ Megatron be a tangent part in the plot, like the 08th idea/ Red vs Blue. Or have Prime and Megatron only appear now and then, like the founding members in JLU.
    3) Have Prime/ Megatron be replaced, via injury, even for half a season. Megatron or whoever is in charge could lead the Decepticons and get some key victories (it worked in the second War Within mini). So when the leaders return it would be big (and NO Galvatron recolors! If Hasbro wants a Galvatron, they should make a new mold.)

10. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I'd like to see a more "stalemate-y" situation.
    Kind of like how Istanbul is portrayed in From Russia with Love. Both sides are in detente, and only employing token acts against each other.
    No Prime or Megs, just some local commanders who know that peace is better for both sides but know that neither their commanders or their idealogies would allow it.

Exploring politics and inter-character dynamics over "explosions explosions explosions".

You'd have hawks on both sides, and maybe a third power trying to make their cold war hotter, you'd have spies and prisoner exchanges and the like.

But NOT intergalactic battles, beings from beyond the dawn of time, mystical quests, oppressed mini(c)ons etc.

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I agree completely... that would be a pretty awesome take on Transformers... and I'm sure it will never happen. :( 

I mean, that would require a series that is made for the fans (a la Justice League Unlimited) rather than one which is designed to entice little kids to buy toys (every TF series ever made). In the marketing blitz surrounding the movie, I'm really doubtful that we'll get a good show... but you never know I guess.

zmog

12. Larkin Vain

Larkin Vain Larkin's Lair

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a series where Ultra Magnus is lead... maybe prime is away and Magnus is left on earth to oversee the protection of earth from the Decepticons here.

On the Decepticon side, I'd love to see a Scourge like character (from Car Robots), no a prime painted black, but personality wise.

13. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

I've hashed this about, and though there are other characters I'd prefer to see as leaders, I'm gonna have to say Grimlock and Bludgeon simply for the dynamic of it (especially given the reference in Classics Grimlock's profile in the latest TFCC newsletter). It'd be like Indiana Jones vs. Belloq all over again.