Future Bots/ Cons for leader posistion

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rattrap Primal, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Ok, since there is a growing wish for a series that doesn't have Prime, Megatron, Starscream, or Jetfire, lets speculated on the future leaders, in case Heroes lasts longer than the Unicron Trillogy (note, the is just a speculation/ what if? thread, don't think that Hasbro is actually going to do this until the next series (after Heroes is over, or is Heroes lasts longer that G1) (I know I earlier posted that Hasbro has to keep the current leaders so we dont' have a repeat of Season 3 or lose copyrights, but I thought about this since then and realized that Scantron, who I think first thought of this, who said we needed a new leadership, so Prime and Megatron would be fresher in the future

Autobots
    Possiblilty 1: Give Ultra Magnus, who hasn't been oversexposed since he rarely gets a figure, leadership, even if it's only a season while Prime is out of commission.
    2: Take a cue from Japan, use new molds of the past leaders (Star Sabre, Dai Atlus, Metal Hawk, Fortress Maximus) As some fans know, Japan thrived without Prime/ Convoy for years.
    3: select another Autobot who is as close as A/E/C Jetfire in command and make him leader. Some canidates are Prowl, Grimlock, Ironhide, Jazz, etc

Decepticons
    1: Instead of Megatron or Starscream, maybe Shockwave (acting like the comics version)
    2: much like my second possiblilty for the Autobots, make new molds of the later Japanese Destron/ Decepticon leaders/ troops/ gestalts (Deathsaurus, Overlord, Skorpinak, with Dinoking, Predaking, and Liokaiser)
    3: Make a Bludgeon who looks like the comics pretender shell, but not a Pretender, have him transform, make him articulated and give him command with some of the other later G1 characters, in new molds, his troops (the Seacons, the Decepticon Pretenders, Fangray, etc.)

I know that there is no way that Hasbro would use some of these ideas, since they are probably similar to the later Marvel Comic, but this is just a thought.

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Star Saber! or Cheetimus!

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Starcream has never been given a real chance. I'd love to see how he would rule the Decepticons given a chance. (He can leave the cape & crown off)

Shockwave as leader second choice.

Anyway, the only other Autobot leader I've enjoyed as much as Optimus Prime, is ILD's choice, Star Sabre!

4. daMooseVS

daMooseVS Well-Known Member

Gundam 0083: 8th MS Team did something cool- instead of starting totally over, or rehashing the same stuff all over, they featured a small set of troops, not leading the epic war but fighting the skirmishes. It was one team, one mech, some support vehicles, and few supplies in enemy territory.
    Why not do something similar? Kinda had that kicking around my head for a TF fan-story anyway. It can link up to almost any continuity, so you have lots of reference material, but you can create totally new characters, new settings, etc without scrapping existing material. The scale has little impact because although its smaller in nature, the gravity of the situation for the characters creates more than enough drama.

5. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I've always felt a series depicting Cybertron's past leader might work out; instead of it being set in the past though it could be in the present or something and we could have the Autobot leader be Sentinel Prime.

As for the Decepticons; there's really no true leader level character besides Megatron when you get right down to it, Megatron is the Decepticon's only leader.
    Sure Japan had other leaders, but still if you tried to incorporate any of them into an American made show or even another Canadian Production ala Beast Wars/Beast Machines you'd have to make the character as ruthless and powerful as Megatron not to mention depict him in such a fashion that it would be believable for him to be leader of the Decepticons in Megatron's absence.

Still if all they did was remove Optimus Prime and give us Sentinel Prime in the Prime Vs. Megatron dynamic it could still prove unique and perhaps different as long as Sent. Prime isn't just a carbon copy of Op Prime personality wise with a new name/body.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd like to see a Decepticon leader with a deeper story. One who truly believes in the Decepticon ethos, yet has doubts about some of the orders he is given. In other words, a soldier on the wrong side. Of course, he wouldn't be the leader, he'd be the servant of a greater power. You'd see him a lot through the series, fighting his hardest for his goals, but doing things like slamming his lieutenants to the ground for firing on defenceless humans.

"We're Decepticons! The elite of the Empire! We should be above killing these defenceless creatures who are no threat to us. We are the superior life form, let us act like it!"

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just reminded by the exclusives thread: Razorclaw seems like he's got great things in his future.

YES! I would LOVE this. I've gotten so weary of epic Prime V Megatron and cosmic threats. IDWs already improved on this (no Sunstorm, no Fallen) but a return of a unit like the Wreckers were in old UK B&W stories would be fantastic. Even if it was done the same way, as minor backups, I'd be hooked. Especially if it didn't have A-listers, but gave a little focus to some of the lesser-known characters.

8. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Isn't that mostly what Beast Wars was?

I personally don't mind the reuse of names like Prime and Megs, but I would like to see a return to a show that's only about a dozen or so characters, with tons of off-screen character figures available in the mainline. I had so much fun creating my own personalities and stories for the guys that never made it into the show, while getting to use the show's mythology as a foundation to build from...it would be cool to see that again.

9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BW was close, but it didn't have the backdrop of planetary war. I personally want an intimate perspective of an epic war, and that sense of struggle that comes with it.

10. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

08th MS team was one of my favorite gundam shows due to how it was done, I think it'd be cool to see something like that in Transformers.

As for leaders, Jazz was always the 'second in command' so how come he was never next in line? I think it's about time he took charge for once...or at least reappeared in the show.

11. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Plus, he was Special Operations. It would work perfectly.

Rapid posting, but I really, really would like to see this done.

12. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

I like Prime and megatron but i wouldnt mind them being scapegoated in a future series (as long as they are kept in the movie franchise that is).

I wouldn't mind having a more complicated decepticon leader, one who is well written, instead of having just one mind set of just wanting to defeat the autobots.

Autobot leaders is tricky because we've had noble and heroic and conflicted before. i think the autobots need a smaller scale leader like prowl or a lieutenant of some sort. In some aspects something like the infiltration comic.

13. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

I think if they refrained from using the names Megatron and Optimus Prime, it would be more progressive for future series. Like in BW, it was understandable since Megatron was a namesake, Optimus Primal was close but its nice that they're new characters. As for a real example, I think Scorponok would've made a cool leader if Energon was written better. Someone new, not always Optimus or Megatron.

14. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Starscream's always been a favorite character of mine because he was always trying to undermine Megatron's command compounded with his constant scheming to take over.

But I've also felt that Starscream was too shallow, too singleminded, too vengeful, too selfish and arrogant, too self-preserving, and too self-serving to make a well-rounded leader. Granted, he had some very grand and complex schemes (Marvel comics "underbase" saga, and TV eps "Starscream's Brigade" and "Revenge of Bruticus" for example), but Starscream always came out the loser.

While I didn't necessarily want to see him "in charge", I'll admit it made me very curious to know what would happen if he were ever successful. (Sounds like a setup for a fanfic.)

I believe Starscream only had Starscream's best interests at heart, and not those of the Decepticons. I don't believe he ever looked beyond short-term success, and certainly not for anyone but himself. He's a temporary, stand-in kind of leader at best because he only seems to thrive when he's alone and left to his own devices.

The comics Shockwave character was a great leader, which was a reason he ended up becoming a #1 favorite 'Con. He wasn't a useless Megatron cronie like he was portrayed in the TV series. And if you read IDW's Shockwave Spotlight comic--I felt that was one of the best-ever portrayals of his character. I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't read it, but Shockwave's scheme in that was one of the grandest ever...spanning galaxies and eons, and even then it was just the beginning.

I also liked Magmatron as a leader in that IDW BW mini-series. And Razorclaw's another I'd really like to see leading the 'Cons.

As for the Autobots, I never get tired of Prime. But Grimlock's definitely a front-runner, and led the Autobots in the Marvel Comics series for quite some time although they made him into a do-nothing overbearing arrogant schmuck for a while and I hated it. Then Blaster stood up to him and got booted out for it.

And Blaster would've been a contender too, but he turns into a frakin boombox. In the midst of an epic battle, that's about as useless as...well, something that's really useless.

I've always had mixed feelings about Ultra Magnus. He always seemed very one-dimensional to me, like they never got around to developing or defining his character. And at times, he's not much more than an albino version of Prime.

As for Jetfire, I watched very little of the Armada, Energon, or Cyberton series, and he's made quite the skilled sub-commander leader in the comics. I like him. And he can fly. He gets my vote.

15. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Starscream would be the downfall of the Decepticons due to his lust for power. However that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see him in command.

16. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I would go with:

Ultra Magnus he could do another shot, some what conflicted but far more badass, much like his IDW self or G1 mixed with RID Magnus.

Grimlock an autobot leader that doesn’t care about humans only winning, would make for an interesting show.

Fortress Maximus well his head any way, could be an interesting show, maybe more about exploring than the war making max’s warship mode and base mode more useful.

Skyfire his G1 cartoon self would have made an interesting leader.

Shockwave got to love the cold logical leader.

Bludgeon evil but honourable might make for an interesting dynamic.

Scorponok in marvel he was great, in IDW he’s been very interesting even as only a secondary character.

Thunderwing any kind of re-enactment of his amazing Marvel run would kick ass.

17. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Freudian slip? ;) 

18. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Forgot about Bludgeon and Scorpy. Bludgeon was great, and Scorponok got one of the best death scenes ever in the Marvel comic series. ("Did I... *kuh*... do good?")

I would also like to see Bludgeon redone at a toy, without the Pretender shell crap. And an alt mode something along the lines of a nasty interstellar warship, like a tricked-out Klingon Bird of Prey.

19. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was thinking the other day that it would be interesting to have prime in command, but have several separate units below him each commanded by Grimlock, Jazz, Prowl, Magnus & maybe Skyfire.
    I'd also like to see more infighting in the decepticons, kinda like beast wars but less incompetence. Scheming and the sorts. It'd be interesting to see a backstabbing starscream being told his scheme was illogical by shockwave or being threatened by Bludgeon for being dishonourable. or maybe starscream could be betrayed himself as he makes his thrust for leadership, effectively being no more than a puppet for a more intelligent and ruthless 'con

JL

20. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

Clearly Cosmos is the best choice for Autobot leader.