Future alt repaints

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Orodruin, Jun 5, 2006.

1. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Do we get to pick which TF you'd eat? :D 

2. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I was thinking WST Soundwave? ;) 

3. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Prowl- my theory is that the reason we're getting Camshaft is because Hasbro has been planning on doing a Red Alert remold but doesn't want two white emergency vehicals on the shelf at the same time. Remember that Nevermore pointed out that the desgin drawings for Prowl seemed to show that the Prowl head was a paste-up.

Mirage- Dragstrip would work nicely

Skids- Ironhide or Brawn. Or even Broadside!

Rumble- tough one, since a Frenzy repaint wouldn't really require any remolding. How about Rewind or Eject?

Prime- Hoist if Trailbreak is truly no longer an option

Megatron- how about Browning? It'd be a nice obscure reference. Or Overlord would work

-LB

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I'd like to see the Alt. Prime as Ratchet. Even a little bit of re-tooling could turn the Ram SRT-10 mold into a regular Ram emergency vehicle.

5. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Damn you mean Blaster/Skids isn't officiallly comming to the US yet?

Damn! :banghead: 

I'm gonna have to go out and get a Skids then

6. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    I was thinking a Fort Max or a Brave Max. :wink: 

**edit** I told my wife about this and she said it should be the 1:1 scale custom Alt Smokescreen that was made. **

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, let's see:

Prowl Repaint/Remold: It's hard to say wether or not to count Camshaft as the Prowl repaint or the remold. On one had... the robot mode has no obvious differences, however, for the first time since freakin' Dead End we're recieving and alt with a noticably different vehicle mode. And that's what alts are about right? The vehicle? Anyways, I'll stop trying to fight the fanboy status quo and just say it's the evil, evil and lazy repaint and that we'll get the fanboy spooge love Red Alert later. :D  Seriously, all kidding aside I actually agree with Loser Broadside's assessment: Red Alert was already planned based on the design sketches that we've seen in the BT Prowl handbook and it'd be unlikely that Hasbro would want both toys on the shelf at the same time and I also doubt that they'd simply not ever release it just because they wouldn't want to emergency vehicles in the same line out of the same mold. I'd agree with that statement if you add at the same time, but maybe sometime next year we'll see a Red Alert remould from the Acura RSX Police Type?

Skids Repaint/Remold: As far as a straight up repaint is concerned I'd like to see Perceptor or the Blaster repaint from BTA brought state side... or even the one E-Hobby G1 repaint, Crosscuter(?), or whatever his name was. A remold would be nice to see either as Ironhide or maybe Ratchet... although Ratchet is a stretch, but I can't really come up with any other possible remolds for Skids.

Optimus Prime Repaint/Remold: We'll, we're getting Nemesis Prime... which Nevermore has kindly let us know is going to be an exclusive (although we still don't know where). So... I'd say we shouldn't count the repaint as Nemesis Prime... or maybe Hasbro will anyways since there's a limited number of repaints that could be done with this figure. That and I'd hate for them to do another Magnus as just a straight up repaint of Prime. Now... I would like to see a Magnus repaint out of this as a remolded figure. Give him a new head, mod the shoulders a little and than give him a different set of shine/leg guards and you've got a nice Ultra Magnus alt. The only other repaint I'd like to see is maybe Hoist or Trailbreaker, but I wouldn't hold my breath on either of those... black's already being done as Nemesis Prime and the Dodge SRT-10 Ram isn't available in green that I know of.

Mirage Repaint/Remold: As a straight up repaint I'd love to see Drag Strip... great fan nod and a nice apology for that mess that was Decepticharge. A really cool remold for the mold would be into Rodimus. It wouldn't take much either, but I'd much prefer Rodimus to be an all new mold, however, if it's the only way I can get one of my favorite G1 characters in alt form... I'd love to get one.

Rumble Repaint/Remold: I think the straight up repaint (though I wouldn't expect it to be first) will obviously be Frenzy. I think it's safe to say that we may see an Eject or Rewind remold before the straight up repaint.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Now, I'm going to do some speculation on molds we've already recieved two of as based on Swerve, Sunstreaker, Rollbar and Ricochet... I'd say it's a good bet that we might see three versions of each of the licensed cars in the Alternators line.

Mazda RX-8 Repaint: I doubt they'd repaint the Shockblast version... unless they do a "Shackwave" repaint... so I'm going to say that it'd be nice to see a repaint of the Meister version. Problem is that they came out of left field and did my initial choice for a repaint on the Imprezza (Ricochet) which means I'm going to definently have to think outside the box. Now, I know this one is going outside the G1 mythos (not like Hasbro hasn't done that already), but I'd like to see the RX-8 in black and done up as Cybertron Crosswise! As far as staying inside G1, if that last one went to far for some, I'd like to see an actual full scale Hasbro version of Autolooper... maybe call him Streetwise... and the only remolding required would be to put a lightbar on it, but the Crosswise is probably more likely.

Ford Mustang GT Repaint: The nice thing about this one is that both the original and repaint of this figure lend themselves well to easy (and Decepticon!) repaints. Grimlock could easily be repainted into G1 Razorclaw and isn't much more of a stretch story wise than it is to put Grimlock in a Alt body... and the vehicle comes in a goldish color with black lines down the middle. Wheeljack could be done up a the Decepticon Slicer... sure he's obscure, but he's G1 and he's a Decepticon (which everyone seems to want more reasonable 'Cons in the Alt line). Also, with Slicer you wouldn't have the issue of a past alt mode getting people riled up due to the fact that he was an Action Master previously. Although, I'm not sure what color they should do him in as I'm sure the oddball colors that Slicer was released in aren't available for the Ford Mustang. :D 

Honda S2000 Repaint: Well, since we've already got a Decepticon out of this (even if he has a goofy name)... I'd like to see Arcee done out of this mold. Yes, Arcee in the Alt line. Windcharger/Overdrive is about as feme as RID Side Burn and if OTFCC can remold him into a well accepted femebot (two to be exact) I'm sure Hasbro (with some minor mold tweaking) could make an awesome Arcee, but that's a pipe dream I'm sure and wouldn't really be a straight up repaint. Maybe a future club or convention exclusive? I can dream! :thumb  Anyways, I'd like to see either Blurr or Side Burn from a blue S2000... sure Side Burn's not G1, but I like him just the same!

Well, those are my thoughts.

9. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

I would love to seem them remake the Dodge Ram mold as Hoist, but it would certainly take some changing. They can't just paint it green and call him Hoist. It would need to have a towing apparatus, which would mean remolding the truck bed/legs and adding the towing arm and hook.

10. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Mirage - Dragstrip then Hot Rod

Prowl - Wildrider, then Red Alert

Jazz - Breakdown

Prime - Trailbreaker/Hoist, Ultra Magnus

Rumble - Frenzy (duh)

11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    so you're expecting/hoping for FOUR RSXs? personally I'd like to see HotRod get a separate vehicle...

12. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Hmmmm.....

Mazda RX-8 ("Shockblast" Variant): Red US release with a tweaked hed for Hot Rod/Rodimus. Even go the extra step and add official Mazdaspeed decals on the appropriate places.

Acura RSX ("Camshaft" Variant): Nightbeat or Streetwise. Maybe even Red Alert later on, in Fire Department decoration/detailing. I can understand not wanting two emergency vehicles on a shelf at one time, but come one, in most cities anymore the Fire Department is more popular and respected more then the Police Department. I like my FD more then my PD.

Dodge Ram SRT-10: Well, tough one. Nemesis Prime is likely an exclusive, and I'm sure he'll have a BT price tag. If there is a general release repaint, I'd say Brawn done in silver with maybe a remolded head. The SRT-10 RAM comes in red, black, and silver in the regular cab.

Ford Mustang GT (Wheeljack variant): By far one of my favorite molds for its complex transformation and awesome character. As for repaint, I'd say yellow with silver racing stripes for Dragstrip. Maybe even a black GT convertible for Megatron, with silver details in robot mode. The last one, I'd definitely go for.

Honda Civi Si: After Rumble, remold the head and chest a bit for Autobot Rewind. Or, just repaint for Frenzy.

Honda S2000(Windcharger Variant): Ahh, one of my least favorites of the whole line. He is okay, but his head... gah. Ugly in my opinion. For his repaint, I'd say go silver for Wildrider.

Scion xB: I may get flamed for this, but a remolded head in a darker color (black, with purple tinting on windows) as Soundwave. He kind of fits in with the Scion culutre a bit, as does Blaster. Plus, it would add an interesting dichotomy to the Alternators line. Or, paint him yellow with a Bumblebee head. Please don't make him Ironhide.

Ford GT: Besides the beautiful Mirage most of us are anxiously waiting for, after him I'd say red with white racing stripes for Hot Rod A.K.A "Rodimus."

Subaru WRX (Silverstreak variant): Hmmm... I'd say Decepticon Slicer or some other G1 Decepticon or similar reference.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I ain't saying that's what I want, but they could just paint it green and call it Hoist if they really wanted. They painted Silverstreak black with flame and called it Ricochet, despite the lack of extra weaponry of Jazz-ness. There's also the "G1 Spychanger" Hoist, which repainted the X-Brawn SUV, with no extra hooks added.

14. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

I think if I got Trailbreaker my interest in Alts will be pretty much over. There are very few fitting autobot cars left, and i'm not really interested in alts for anything else.

15. useless

useless Completely Unreasonable TFW2005 Supporter

The Alternators concept is 1:24 scale licenced replica car's that transform... I very much doubt that many fans are really that demanding of exact scale Licenced Alt modes.

The quality gap between the Mainlines and Alts has closed to the point there is no quality gap anymore, just a different emphasis in the mainline figures.

Personally I think if they replaced Alternators with continued figures from the Classics line produced concetutively with whatever the mainline of the year is most TF fans wouldn't be hugely bothered. As long as the alt modes are convincing most fans will forgive them not being replicas of a real world vehicle

Personally I'd consider it an improvement. Alternators was great when it started, is still good now, but the line is showing signs that it has about run its course.

16. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    QFT! :thumb 

This is something I've been contemplating for awhile too. Aside from the fact that I'd like to see some more Decepticon Alternators before the line finally goes out... I think Alternators have seriously about run their course.

I mean, if you stop and think about it, all of the things that we used to consider high points of the Alts line are pretty much gone now as far as I can see. We no longer get: Remoldings on the 2nd usage, the toys are starting to get less complex and more kiddie in design and the QC... well, it's not worse, but nor is it any better than the main line like it used to be when the initial 12 or so were being produced.

One of the high points for me was that when a repaint was announced as a new character, we knew that that character would at least have a head created that acuratly represented him and would at least get some minor remolding to his vehicle mode. Not much, but it was nice. Also, the remolds seemed to be much more thought out whereas the current repaint trend they're going with (the only exception being Sunstreaker) none of the characters seem to be thought out at all.

Aside from all this, I still do love the Alternators line and will continue completing the collection (even going to the ends of the internet to find Alt Nemesis Prime) until Hasbro decides the line is defunct. And I'd say that we might see that soon seeing as it doesn't look like the new Takara-Tomy is even remotely interested in continueing their version.

17. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I still think a silver Dodge Ram would make a good Motormaster. The toy itself was mainly silver, not black, and both the G1 toy and the Ram mold feature the tall shoulder pad design.

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    While this is not confirmed, this is a current rumor, yes.

19. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    It's not too late to go back to releasing repaints with new heads, wheels and trim. Any that are straight repaints, I'm skipping. Until Ricochet and Rollbar, I bought every one. I skipped them, and will skip Nemesis Prime, Camshaft and any other repaints.

20. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

Camshaft isnt technically a straight alt repaint, but thats a whole other kettle of monkeys. Is this the death knell of Alternators. I would shed a tear, but it had a good life.