Future alt repaints

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Orodruin, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've been musing a little about upcoming alt repaints for the newer figures. We know they're coming, but who will they be? We just found out Prowl's first re-do, so he slide for a while. But there's still Skids, Prime, Mirage, and Rumble.

Let's try to limit it to most likely choice from each faction.

Skids- Ironhide / uh...

Prime- uh.. / getting Nemesis Prime

Mirage- Red Alert / Drag Strip (breakdown/wilderider/whatever)

Rumble- Frenzy, and that's it.

Not many options for Prime that I can think of. Black is taken, so that rules out official Motormaster and Trailbreakers, and they're won't re-use red for Ironhide or Blaster.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I DARE them to name the next Alternator repaint Shelfwarmer. Or at least put SHLFWRM on the license plate.

3. Cyclone_X

Cyclone_X Cybertronian Warlord

Prime - Magnus, they just HAVE to
    and Takara HAS to make a gold chromes Lucky Draw Kiss Convoy

they dont?

:p 

4. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

The next few repaints should be decepticons, it's all I care about.

5. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Isn't Mirage going to be re-painted as Rodimus for the Kiss Line?

Also, I would love to see Skids re-painted as Irondide so that I can add one more G1 Season 1 character to my ALT collection. If they could also do Ratchet I would be that much more happier!

6. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

i would like to see the following

Skids repaints - Blaster (come on hes in the Asterixs line! i want my Alternator Blaster :cry  )

Mirage - A HotRod repaint would be good! anyone have a digi-bash?

Prime - Magnus is a nice idea but without armour i anit THAT interested. I would like to see the Nemesis Prime mould with an Alt Swindle head and new paint in places so we have Alt Trailbreaker.

Hound - I would love a repainted Inferno from this mould. Theres a kitbash ive seen were the vehicles been repainted into an emergency fire vehcile and it looks ace. Much better than that shit we got called Rollbar.........urgh

7. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    How about a Black Tracks? A Red Corvette with a female head?

8. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

Backscatter, thats the kind of thinking outside the box i like to see! Why not use characters that actually look alike when making homages? But alas, i fear swerve has put pay to any future red corvettes.

9. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, Ravage may have the black version tied up as well. Still, Swerve had such low numbers that a red female corvette could be a real seller for Hasbro. I know I'd buy it in a hearbeat.

Little red corvette
    U need a love, u need a love thats
    Thats gonna last
    (little red corvette)
    U got 2 slow down (u got 2 slow down)

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'd accept Skids repainted as Perceptor since the head fits perfectly...Ironhide is close, but I'd much rather see Ironhide as a new mold. Rumble into Frenzy of course....but any other straight repaints without any remolding...no thank you.

I still want to see Mirage and Prowl remolded into Wildrider (with G1 Dead End's color scheme) and Break/ Brake down, and maybe Skids remolded into Brawl to give us another Combaticon.

11. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's speculation at the moment. Would make sense, but after they went with a 'mini' Autolooper rather than just repainting an RX8, i'm not sure what they're going to do.

I agree. IIRC, the XB comes in a darkish red color simillar to that of Perceptor, but there is no 'bright' red option(??)

Past rumors of a Decepticon Mustang Alt, and the Mustang 'Con in the movie make me wonder if the movie line and Alt line are going to 'Converge' somehow. (Like say packaing marked both with the movie logo and Alterantors logo)

In which case Ironhide may turn out to be a Hummer after all.

12. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I wish I could get excited about the alt line again,but I heard a rumor
    that they were gonna get cancelled after Rumble. But if anybody
    knows otherwise please post it. Also if im just being crazy about
    this then I would love to get Alt Bumblebee,afterall he is gonna be
    in the classics line and the movie,so why not alts?.

13. Croaker

Croaker Well-Known Member

I think that we still might get a Trailbreaker repaint from Prime.

If Nemesis is a limited as we've heard, it would make financial sense to make a huge run of Prime in Black and substitute a new head for most of them - Save a couple thousand as nemesis prime, assemble the rest with different heads as Trailbreaker.

But it would mean that it should have leaked by now or very soon.

14. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hasbro could fairly easily integtrate them into the movie line. However if they stop making toys that follow the Alternators concept (whatever that line may be called) they'll see what REAL Fan bitching is like.

The ship has sailed on Trailbreaker.

***Cough Chevy Trailblazer***

15. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

i would like to see a digi bash of alt prime repainted as magnus and alt mirage as hot rod if anyone has one they make earlier

16. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    I think you may be onto something... There probably exists a chance that they may cancel the Alternators line and re-launch it as the Movie line with new molds (i.e. the Decepticon Police Mustang). There's also a possibility that GM will have some more Alternators/MovieTF's (since I believe their cars will be the most prominent in this movie; i.e. Alternator Bumblebee as a Concept Camaro).

I think the closer we get to the movie the better direction we'll get with respect to all the toylines. It seems to me that Hasbro and Takara are finishing up a couple of current toylines (Cybertron, Vintage Re-issues, E-hobby exclusives, and possibly the Alternator line after Camshaft & Rumble).

17. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

A lack of new heads, leading to characters so obscure that nobody can complain about poor likenesses. Maybe if we're really lucky, they'll swap some heads with bodies and THEN repaint them.

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hoist seems more likely to me at this point.

It's even possible, sadly, to make a fairly reasonable Hoist out of Prime without any remolding.

19. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

i demand pics of proof for this comment. mostly because i want alt hoist and trailbreaker:horse: 

20. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I dunno so much about cancel as merge in some capacity. There will of course be the movie movie line. But any movie characters that lend themselves to Alt. versions are almost sure to be made, without canceling the Alt. line or turning it into solely movie-specific product.

I'll be surprised if they don't retool the mustang into movie Brawl. Similarly, you know damn well the minute the Camaro concept was revealed, the Alt. design team went :peoples:  as they've already got a deal with GM, or at least Chevy.
    As much as Ford wanted the new Mustang done, you can bet that, movie or no movie, there were/are plans for a Camaro Alt. With movie Bumblebee unofficially revealed, I'll eat a TF if an Alt. Camaro isn't released in that scheme at some point.