Futurama

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Insane Galvatron, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'll be honest and say I never really watched much of Futurama when it was on TV. I'd catch an episode here and there if it happened to come on while I was watching TV, but didn't go out of my way. I decided to netflix the whole series recently. From what I gather from the dates of the seasons on Netflix, the show aired for 3 seasons straight before going off the air for a while. There were some movies, and then the show came back. Is that correct? IMDB seems to say it went five seasons before going off the air and the movies starting. I'd like to watch everything in the correct order and I just finished season 3. Who's right? Netflix or IMDB? Do I keep watching the show, or move on to the movies? Did all the movies come out during the gap in the show, or did any of the later ones come out after?

2. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
  3. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It was made as four productions seasons, Fox split the fourth season in to two seasons for airing - season 4 & 5. The DVD release however combines them back in to season 4. After that came the four movies, which I think were shown split up in to episodes as "season 5" on Comedy Central. Then there is the new season on Comedy Central, season 6, which itself is split up over two years, 13 episodes per year. Season 7 starts next year. Confusing, yes?

4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I thought I was done with Futurama, until they started showing the movies, then the new episodes.:D 

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Oh my, they made a Star Trek episode. I just watched it for the first time. Best. Episode. Yet.

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Haha I remember that one, and the show itself has always struck me as being really clever.

7. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    I've always loved Futurama. even though it's repeated constantly over here I never find myself bored of it (particularly if it's an episode with the Robot Devil, he's just fantastic). The movies i'm not particularly keen on, but they're still fun to watch

8. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never get sick of watching Futurama, I find it far more consistently funny than the Simpsons. The movies are a mixed bag - I loved Bender's Big Score and Beast with a Billion Backs, but Bender's Game just left me cold and Wild Green Yonder was 'ok' at best. The latest series is back on form though - it manages to come up with some genuinely clever episodes, particularly 'The Late Philip J Fry'.

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I love Futurama. I was so happy for the movies and then the renewed seasons! I'm looking forward to tonight, hope there's a new episode.

10. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Season 6 is over. There won't be any new Futurama until next year.

11. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Hhaahh yeah. Every time one of those episodes come on, I jump for joy as if I just got a new transformer.

Speaking of which, I wonder if there's a good robot devil figure out there...

12. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    There's actually two Robot Devil figures, neither of which are easy to find or affordable. There is the 6" figure that was released as a build-a-figure with the first wave of 6" figures several years ago and there is the Dunny-style figure that was short-packed and rare and can command $100 on ebay.

13. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    I found the latest futurama season better, than south parks IMO.

14. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Hhah, as I learned last night.

Guess I'll have to stick to overpaying for Transformers. :) 

15. supernova222

supernova222 Circle of Light

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i just realized they made an unexplained change to an old episode. in "the cryonic women" bender originally used the severed arm with the career chip and it read the prime minister of norway. however, i just rewatched the episode on netflix, and instead it read chainsaw juggler. what's up with that?

16. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    It was changed after the 2011 terrorist attacks in Norway in an attempt to be sensitive to those events.