Customs: Fusion Yellow

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Rod, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

... Just started using this and I'm not really seeing the same coverage as I have with the other Fusion colors. Anyone else notice this? Any tips?

2. carnage717

carnage717 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    On my Alternator Bumblebee custom I had use a very light coat of white primer first and they use the Fusion Yellow.

Brad

3. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    You are going to need multiple coats as it is kind of thin. I used the fusion yellow over an Alt Shockwave (purple) to make my Alt Cheetor. It was green for a while because of the purple still showing through. It took a coat or two more than normal but, in the end, it was still well worth the effort.

4. carnage717

carnage717 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was doing the same thing when I was painting my Ricochet. I did a test piece using the hood and even after 3 light coats it still wasnt a bright yellow. I ended up striping the paint off of the hood and went with a ligh coat of white plastic primer and they used a light coat of yellow fusion paint and it turned out nice and bright. I got the look I was going for with 2 coats of paint instead of 3 or 4 coats trying to cover up the dark color. If anyone wants it I can take a picture of the can I Primer I used to paint over the black.

5. Lobo

Lobo Well-Known Member

Yeah, you definately need a primer. Gray or White works well but if you want more of a Sunburst color, try an Orange base coat.

BTW, does anyone else think Fusion Yellow is the absolute worst for chipping? I hate the stuff!

6. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I always find metallic silver to be an awesome base. Covers anything nice n' solid in one coat and doesn't seem to alter anything you put on top of it.

7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a problem with yellow paint in general. It's got no coverage. Use a neutral base tone first (grey, white, silver, tan) before using the yellow.

8. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

That's my advice also. not sure why but that silver/chrome stuff will cover anything in one shot which means 2 coats max.