Further improvements to customisation

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by scorpio-prime, Aug 30, 2012.

1. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

It must be said that High Moon did a great job with this games customisation feature and its a vast improvement on WFCs, and this thread is for the sharing of ideas on how it can be further enhanced in future games.

The most obvious one I'd like to see is colour sliders, and the ability to apply them to parts of your choosing rather than pre-set areas - if they were even to limit you to just three colours per custom, the depth of your options would still be vast.

Also, heads should be universal to all classes.

2. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the main complaint that I have seen is the color selection. Let us choose any color for the primary and secondary colors (at least). I don't think it's necessary to even have faction specific colors. I can understand why they did it but I don't use the colors as a primary way to tell friend from foe. The name above the player, the colored lights, and the aiming reticule turning red is enough to tell me who I should shoot!

3. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I want to choose eyes, eye color, mouth, nose, (or the option to replace both with a mouthplate), all seperate from a helmet you can pick, and then each individual part can be chosen, plus, choose between upper legs, lower legs, hands, arms, shoulders, torso, and maybe even kibble.

NUFF SAAAAAID

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dear High Moon, please look at the character creator for Champions Online. When finished, please rip it the f**k off.

Sincerely,
    Rexidus

5. Ayleron

Ayleron Autobot Vanguard

It would be fun to see how spreading out some of the Right Bumper robot mode options would turn out. An invisible Titan is terrifying but a Destroyer medic sounds cool to me.

6. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    But do they transform????

7. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Remember these characters still need to transform. That will apply some limitations on being able to choose EVERYTHING. Also, this is only part of the whole game. I'm sure the campaign stuff takes up quite a bit of time and also space on the disc.

8. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

Ebay:
    After playing RPG games where you can create you're own characters, or sports games, where you can literally mold a face/body to look EXACTLY like you want, and then playing car racing games where you can literally make a car and pimp it out to excess, the customization that High Moon provided in Transformers Fall of Cybertron feels extremely, and I mean, extremely weak.

As someone whose been learning to customize / make their own transformers in real life, I LOVE the idea of being able to make our own transformers. Heck, even with my dislike of the TPS/FPS genre, I'd lay down a $60 for a MP game that was ALL about customization. I'd love to make my create characters, store them, share them with others, download others characters, create my own combiner, (combiner MP for the win!!!). It would be a great way to try out possible real life customizations to see what they would look like as well.

9. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    But remember, these models have to transform. What we got was reasonable - but yes there's room for improvement because they can (as people said) allow us to customise features.

10. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    People also need to remember that FoC's MP is class-based. For this reason the different classes need to be reasonably easy to distinguish from each other. If you had full customizability you'd go up against titans that looked like scouts, scientists that looked like destroyers... with wings... You get the point. It'd get confusing quickly.

11. Neekotron

Neekotron We're in Ratbat Country!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    They need to drop the class bases and work on a new engine to customize all parts with individual colors. If THQ can do it with their WWE games and have all of their content as DLC on disc as well as playable, but also SHARE-ABLE online for others to download, the next game needs to take a 1,000,000 foot jump, not a step, in to custom characters.

12. orangeitis

orangeitis Sick Kiss Players Lover

Ebay:
    I think adding female Transformer customization would be enough for me. Not just to bring Arcee & Slipstream back, but to have female shapes of all existing FoC parts as well.

13. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

More voices. I was hoping we'd get 10 for each class, not three that sound essentially the same.

14. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

Ebay:
    They have to transform yes, but High Moon has already stated they don't have real transformations. They cheat, which is something they'd obviously have to continue to do to add more customization options.

15. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

Ebay:
    Never understood why we can't use the voices of ALL of the characters in the game.

16. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

I know, all it would be is around ten extra lines per VA.

17. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, they don't actually transform. They just blow up, swap to a vehicle model that is blown up, then collapse. It's a visual cheat that if you look closely you can catch. So custom parts just need to be explode-able.

One thing I had wished for, but am not surprised we didn't get, is a pitch slider. Soul Calibur games have allowed you to mess with that stuff and it actually allows for some good vocal variation.

18. Omee

Omee Member

I think that the customization in FoC, while somewhat limited, is a huge step forward from the VERY limited customization in WFC. I find myself toying with it quite frequently, often coming up with new ideas for a bot.

However; a successful developer should always be looking for ways to improve. These are some of my suggestions:

1.) Sub-categories for the head.

Mouth: This could include mouth guards like Prime's or Wheeljack's
    Head Accesory: This could have ornaments such as ratchet's, prowl's,or Ironhide's mohawk.
    Eyes: This can be everything from s solid dot like shockwave, a visor like Jazz, or even standard eyes ranging in different sizes. I also HIGHLY stress that eye color should be selectable.

2.) Remove the faction specific colors as well as "fixed/joined" colors

This is by far the most annoying thing. There should be a color selection per part (hands, head, etc), or at least the ability to pick the two colors individually. I hate having to sacrifice a color i like because it's attached to a color I don't. Even worse, I dislike the fact that it colors in some of the character's faces, which I may want to stay silver/plain.

I don't think this will have any effect on the vehicle mode, so long as the keep to the same "exploding formula they do now.

I have a few more suggestions but I'll stop here for now :p 

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  19. ArmoredSwampert

ArmoredSwampert Literal Pokéformer

I kinda like faction-specific colours. It's helpful to be able to glance at a character and say, he's white and red, therefore he's not on my side, therefore shoot his ass.
    I would certainly like being able better customize the head, but class parts need to stay. Being able to combine Optimus and Swindle into Optimus Primal would be great, or elongating Shockwave into Whirl.

20. Omee

Omee Member

I see where your coming from, but I think that can easily be determined by the color of the name bar above the enemy player. I would normally agree to what your saying but the desire to make a character any color I want is paramount.

I totally agree regarding class parts.