Furman Talks Stormbringer...and other things

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TriBlurr, Jun 22, 2006.

1. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
  2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who doesn't care about the 500th interview with Furman about an upcoming title anymore? I just buy the title period, I don't need a gazillion different sites interview Furman over and over again.

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    heh

some cool stuff that I didnt even know in there

yay :D 

4. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

New stuff:

- Hot Rod oneshot.
    - Direction of plot after Escalation hinted at.

Lovin' it, personally...

5. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I enjoyed the interview. I'm looking forward to some of the character one-shots, specifically Hot Rod and Shockwave, two of my long-time favorites.

Honestly, it's good to hear Simon so enthusiastic about this gig. As much as I didn't want to see Dreamwave end and as much as I didn't want to forge ahead into a new continuity, I'm enjoying this new story more. I hope it lasts a good long while.

Nice interview. It's nice to get some teasers for upcoming stories. I wish we had weekly books sometimes. A month between issues seems to take forever sometimes! :D 

6. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Maybe I should have picked up the Infiltration story arc to get whats going on...

7. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    that was actually a really good interview. I'm excited for the character 1 shots too.

I'd love to see Simon's take on Iron Man, i really liked the way he used Iron Man 2020 in Death's Head.
    very curious. Movie adaptation novel perhaps?

8. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

If you've avoided it until now, there's a trade paperback due around September and you'll probably enjoy it more as one block alongside Stormbringer being released / as setup for Escalation in October.

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm still waiting for my backorders of the first 4 issues dangit.. and the first issue of art of war.. its been almost a freakin' month... I'm tired of having comic books in my home that I can't read since they're not the first ones :( 

10. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I still can't freaking WAIT for the Beast Wars Profile books. That's going to be so awesome...

11. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No you're not the only one. Furman is only part of the TF Universe, not the center.:( 

CNI: Are they a slave race of the Quintessons, the children of Primus, or something else entirely?

Simon: No comment.

12. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

just hunt them down on eBay. #1 was going for a buck by the time #2 shipped.

13. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

Furman is an incredibly huge egotist and it makes me want to vomit.

14. DON

DON Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't think Simon drives a Porche

15. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    and he seems pretty down to Earth in all the interviews I've ever read with him. And one thing I love about him, he's always excited to talk about Transformers.

Looking forward to Stormbringer even more, if that's possible.

16. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

Ever since I read The Ultimate Guide, and he discredited the cartoon about the Dinobots, I've had a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak.

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well, I had my local comic shop order them 4 weeks ago, and apparently they've STILL not come in :mad  I might end up doing that, though it'd be cheaper to get them here and not pay for shipping..

18. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

Well, you might as well start hating Hasbro too, since they approved the book, right down to the comic book origins of the Dinobots being canon. And you should hate all of us fans that have prefered Simon's take on the Dinos over the years, as that was the single greatest contributing factor to that origin sticking around over the past 21 years.

You imply Simon is an egotist for using, what you mistakenly seem to assume is "his" Dinobot origin instead of the cartoon's. In fact, the comic book origin of the Dinobots was in place in the US well before Simon ever came onto the UK comics, much less came to write the American Marvel series. All he did was give them two things they lacked in the cartoon: depth and some degree of intelligence.

19. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Nah, that was Donald Glut. Who didn't bother to read the writing guide he would've been issued with by the show producers, and which includes the tech spec line about Snarl missing Cybertron.

The cartoon Dinobots were just Don's "dinosaurs are cold-blooded so the robots that transform into them must be dumb" acid trip. They were never intended even to have been built on Earth.

20. Pete@BotCon

Pete@BotCon PVK

News Credits:
    You should look at it this way. What one writer writes is just one take on the big picture which is Transformers. From the very beginning there has been a difference in continuities, trying to merge them is crazy, finding common threads are much more possible.

In the G1 cartoon, the Transformers were a slave race of the quintessons(who also in some way helped in their creation), that is canon. What Simon has written in his numerous writings is also obviously canon. I believe the key is to never try to take away from established canon, BUT due to the numerous fictions out there, there can be numerous takes on different characters. I always got a kick out of the fact that the Dinobots were created on Eart in the cartoon but came from Cybertron in the comic. I like having numerous fictions and numerous origins, keeps it fresh!