Furman hates Starscream...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Boy who screams, May 4, 2008.

1. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

So...I was reading WWI yesterday and I came to the realisation that Furman really hates Screamer. Think about it:

-WWI: He's a bumbling idiot, who simply does the boring betrayal thing and gets beaten up by Grimlock and Megs.

-Armada Comic: In the Armada comics, he ignored the awesome character created by the anime and just turned Screamer into his usual "Bwa! I'm a traitor!" character, with a goofy death.

-Infiltration He's a traitor who fails. Again. Yeah, he does some cool stuff in Devestation, but still, does this make up for all his mis-treatment of on of the greatest TFs???

Why? Why does Furman hate Screamer???

2. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Perhaps starscream is just typecast as a traitor.

There are a few other ways to write starscream. You can just have a boring background character seeker or you can have him assault and insult autobots to bring his orriginal personality to the story without any megatron betrayal bubbling up. "pathetic fools there is no escape!"

I thought the way starscream died in the armada cartoon was really just boring. But I like how that character was being conspired against by megatron and thrust earlier. That was a good screamer arc.
    \

3. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

I loved Screamer's death in Armada!

It's one of my favourite lines...

4. Crystine

Crystine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well it's one reason why I can't stand the comics.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    IDW gave us a good starscream/megatron BATTLE, which we have never, ever had before.

6. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like 'All Hail Megatron' to showcase a Starscream who slowly builds his own faction from within, and who does things as quietly as possible while planning his betrayal. Announcing every 10 seconds, "I will be the NEW LEADER of the Decepticons" kinda tips off Megatron to watch his back.

7. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Starscream is overrated.

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    how does this make him any different from G1 cartoon Starscream? If you're comparing him to Armada Starscream or Budiansky's Starscream, I could maybe see your point, but Starscream has always been an idiot in my mind.

9. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    If Furman really DOES hate Starscream, it's finally one thing we agree on. XD

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    This is truth.

11. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I agree, Furman does nothing with an awesome character. Then again, Furman , to me, does nothing of substance with any of the main characters. I'm sorry, but Tfs is about all the Transformers, but the main ones especially. Prime got a spotlight because he's Prime. Furman loves Grimlock. Megatron has to get some time, because he's Ops's polar opposite. But Furman is trying to flesh out the world with characters. Personally I think it is time to let Furman proceed on his way to oblivion, and hire someone else. I'm beginning to bore of his style, not to mention his writing style is unenjoyable.

Wheelie getting a spotlight before Starscream is retarded. Furman, I guess, feels like Noisemaze, that Starscream is overrated. While I totally disagree, being that he is one of the fundamental and founding characters of TFs, it's a choice he's made. All I can hope is that it is remedied by some diversity. I would like to see a more complex and adult written Starscream, based on his tech specs, than the standard idiotic Traitorscream Furman has written.

12. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For once I agree with you.

13. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, Simon Furman isn't a fangirl, so why would he like Starscream?

Don't blame Furman for portraying SS as what his is, was, and always will be: a traitorous failure, a whiny, annoying, loudmouth, big-talk/no-action coward.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Ha! :lol  Nice one.

Except in Animated, where he's a traitorous, failure, whiny, loudmouth.

15. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    Well I'm not to fond of Grimlock...so I guess that makes me and Furman even.

16. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, yeah, I actually like Starscream in Animated... of course, I pretty much like everything about Animated. :) 

And Armada SS wasn't all that bad, either, but that's probably because he was more BW Dinobot than G1 crybaby.

17. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Now there's a overrated character. I get so tired of Grimlock. "Oh look at me, I'm superstrong and stupid." I never understood why Grimlock was/is so loved. He's so much of a fangirl plague.

18. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Who can still go toe to toe with FIVE OR MORE Autobots, and still come out relatively unscathed. He took down the Supreme Autobot Commander with a single shot to the face!

He may be traitorous, whiny, and a failure, but at least this time he has some backbone.

19. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I think Furman did a great job with G2 Starscream, but Starscream by nature is a traitor. It is the essence of his character, and that aspect to be missing just makes him another average seeker or decepticon at best.

20. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not fond of Grimlock either, or his groupies. I had hoped they'd stay buried after the IDW Shockwave Spotlight.