Furman Drops Hints (and Spoilers) on Arcee Spotlight

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/2007/11/05/script-wrap-14/

Wow. Looks like this spotlight might tie into several other spotlights and current ongoing storylines.

2. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, at the very least, it'll be interesting to read the "official" view on genders in the current-verse.

And tieing into past & current storylines - always a good thing (or at least interesting).

I am looking forward to it. And NOT looking forward to the flame-wars that will erupt in the fandom.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Sounds pretty awesome! I like the sound of where all this is going - more Ultra Magnus (IDW's rendition of the guy is awesome), more Banzai-Tron (love the fact these minor G1 guys are getting some attention) and maybe even some combiners up the road.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Meh, still think it's lame. Seen it all before, and the whole "every character is just deeply disturbed" thing is really gettin' old. I also don't like how they try and make background stories and personalities for characters that never had any. Also, when will we get strong, competent female characters that aren't "girly girly"?

When are we gonna see new comics with new characters?

5. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I need a reading order what with all of the Spotlight issues as well as the "mini series"!

6. rerunwatson99

rerunwatson99 Well-Known Member

WOW! The arcee spotlight sounds like its gonna break some barriers and intrigue the TF-universe. I really can't wait for it now, just like a can't wait for more DEVASTATION!!!!!!!

7. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    SOunds interesting,I have to read that one and for what I read in that interview the Spotlights I decide to skip. ^^

8. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sounds awesome. :D 

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Eagerly awaiting this, but for the continuation of the plot threads mentioned, not for Arcee. Perhaps this will be the story that finally makes her at all interesting to me.

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds interesting. Still not that big of a Furman fan (personally, I think they need to hire some new blood to take the reigns), but what he's done so far with the new IDW-verse is very good so I expect this one will be too. Very interested to see his new explanation for female transformers in the IDW-verse.

11. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Wow.... *drools*

That sounds very interesting. So Arcee will be captured by Magnus? I hope she manages to damage him as well.

I personally can't wait.

-airfox

12. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:

So you don't like characters who didn't appear in the original cartoon and Marvel comic but you also want new characters?

you just don't know what you want.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I meant like I want new characters who actually have complex personalities from the get go. Brand new character with new personality.

What I don't like is when they try and give characters who never had any real character in G1 actual personalities past "Girl robot".

That's like me taking a poo and 20+ years later making up an imaginative and corny (bad pun) back story and history for it. Making it a troubled poo that has gone through tough times. Y'know.

But if I took another poo and it had a personality and history from the get go, that's not as bad.

Sorry for using poo as an example, but it's the best I can think of for this situation. (Disclaimer: I am not saying G1 is poo despite the fact I think it sucked, G1 was good in it's own 80's way)

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Uncalled for. - 2005 staff

15. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But surely if these characters had next to no characterisation in the first place that 's the same starting point. I mean, come on, the description of IDW Arcee about as far away rom "Girly Bot" as you can get!

How is it any different to completely rewrite a character than to write a new one? Would you prefer it if IDW Arcee was called Rachel instead?

16. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

If nothing else, it has precident with Arcee in the fact that she became slightly "disturbed" after Daniel and Wheelie bought it in the Wreckers comic.

17. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's the important parts:

FORTRESS MAXIMUS and BANZAI-TRON, BAY-BEE!!

Chris

18. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I've never really understood why there needed to be an explanation over female Transformers in the nerd customer base fiction like comics at all. Transformers is completely and utterly ridiculous by the very nature of it's stories and situations, so female-looking and acting robots are the least of the fiction's concerns.

I can see why Bay and co had problems with trying to explain Arcee in the movie universe where the audience has no experience with TF, but us nerds should be used to it by now, and kids don't care. I say in comics and cartoons, just have the female TFs there with no explanation whatsoever. Explanations for things in Transformers just end up making the issue (and Transformers) look dumber and dumber.

19. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Check.

I'd buy a spotlight with Wheelie 'cause I've dug the story so far. Arcee holds no appeal for me.

20. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    So... Banzai-Tron if he had never been created during G1 is a lot worse to you than if Banzai-Tron had only just been created despite in both examples the comic stays exactly the same without any changes.