Furman Blog Update - Spotlight Wheelie Tibdits

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
  2. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    This book looks pretty good, surprisingly. I never really liked Wheelie but I think I will have to check out this book.

3. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

Whoahaha! The cover takes its design details from Jizaitoys' Wheelie. I guess it IS the best version XD

4. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I've always wanted Wheelie to be awesome.

This may be my time...

5. sixshot2K

sixshot2K Soundwave is #1!

I want this to find out why wheelies a retard

6. ToddJumper

ToddJumper Toddimus

Ebay:
    Review of the Wheelie Spotlight

I picked up a copy of this today, if anyone has not already reviewed the comic, I can do so later tonite. Overall it was a pretty good story, and Wheelie was not annoying, actually felt bad for him. There was certain parts where he had to talk in rhyme, but the local aliens used the dialect.

I picked up the alternate cover B which looks like an old school Marvel comic book with a lot of cover wear, reminds me of the old days when I stored them under my mattress.

I actually wanted to see what happens next, as he found possible quintessons at the end...

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I liked it, and it does do wonders for Wheelie as a character...

(though granted, the worst part about Wheelie was his abominable voice, so seeing him in comics is automatically easier to accept)

As usual with Furman, the dialog (in this case, running monologue by Wheelie) is wordy, florid, overwritten self-reflective blather. The guy is practically incapable of writing in any "voice" but his own... all his TF characters sound the same.

However, the story is a good little yarn. The artwork is clean and effective, and the canonical elements are deftly integrated. It's certainly among my favourite Spotlights so far, up there with the Kup Spotlight.

zmog