Furman Blog Update: Maximum Dinobots #1 Script Wrap

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
  2. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    The Dinobots are always good to make comics about, I'm sure it will rock.

3. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Sounds cool. Wonder where/when it fits into AHM...

4. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Before, I'd say.

Spotlight: Grimlock takes place shortly after Devastation 6, as they're just prepping up Grimlock then.

So this probably continues from the Spotlight.

5. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I like the idea that each issue will focus on one Dynobot, almost like a Spotlight. Hopefully this will bring out some interesting characterization for them other than Slag is angry, Sludge is dumb, Swoop flies and Snarl is obscure.

Looking forward to see what happens with Scorponok, the Machination and Hot Rod as well.

6. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Grimlock's awesome, but I love the idea of getting each Dinos perspective of the action and story besides just his. I'm especially interested in seeing Snarl's POV. I've always liked the desert warrior.

7. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Sludge will be the best!

Hmm, I've been thinking how they play off like the Wreckers: Grimlock (Springer), Swoop (Whirl), Slag (Road buster), Sludge (Broadside) and Snarl (Topspin and Twintwist).

I hope this series proves me wrong.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds good... I've been looking forward to Maximum Dinobots since it was announced and it sounds as though it'll answer some questions for me as thing start to come to a head for these plot points that were seemingly left behind.

...the only thing that worries me is that Furman is going to be forced into having to find a way to get these characters off Earth by the end of the mini so that AHM can take place (gah... I seriously don't look forward to that series even if it is an interesting concept...) and I just hope that in having to do so it doesn't take away from the actual story.

9. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

This reminds me of something I'd noticed reading the original tech specs

*runs off to double check TFU.Info*

Yeah here it is,

1.) Sludge is not only "lovably dumb" but he's also "Shy and Gentle". So really he's not destructive out of malice but because he's clumsy. Well that and he likes to listen to his own footsteps. Also he's the Dino's "OFFICAL" Jungle warrior and is supposed to be the best "water fighter" of the Dinobots. Again something that's never really shown.

2.) Slag,,, Well he IS as too dimentional as he appears. Hey, every squad needs a reckless hothead.

3.) I've often thought of Swoop as the smartest Dinobot but really it's offically Grimlock. Still, Swoop is probably the only Dinobot who knows which fork goes with the salad. There's something "cultured" about him. Could be because there was *ONE* G1 episode where he was the only Dinobot left and had to help Spike for some reason. But here's an interesting tidbit, Swoop is friendly and outgoing because he dispises his dinosaur form. Why? Because it's organic? ugly? less powerfull than the others? Another story brewing here.

4.) Snarl is probably the most underdeveloped. Lifetime holder of the "3rd guy on the right" award. But again the original tech spec writers threw a lot of juicy ideas into the old bios. Snarl is a loner, he is a solar powered Dinobot. (is he the most efficent then?) He becomes depressed if there isn't a battle to fight. Hmm, where can this go?

Enough has been done with Grim over the years, maybe it's time for these other bots to shine.

BTW another "Team" with an interesting dynamic that's never been written is the Monsterbots. "The Swindler" (Double Cross) "The Prankster" (Grotusque) and the "Jack Bower 'bot" (Repugnus)

How the hell do you reconcile THOSE personalities?

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Swoop got some great characterization in the UK comics back in G1.

11. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Sounds interesting. Hope the dinobots will kick much asses