Furman And The Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by boxerperson, Jun 7, 2006.

1. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

News entry concerning Furman

Couldn't find a thread about this, but I think it should be noted that Mr. Furman has not seen the Transformer designs in the last 18 weeks, as in, not since the extremely early Pre-vis stuff that a few people saw.

He's also not had any involvement in the movie production as a consultant since that time.

So people, don't freak out too much too much about the look of the transformers. It's been changed a lot since he saw what he saw. Brian Goldner confirmed this and stated that they have been working hard since then to make the transformers look like transformers (but they will be different in that they must look plausible for the big-screen, without looking cartoony)

2. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    And.... you would be whom exactly???

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    reveal to us your sources!

(swings spot light into boxerperson's face)

4. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

lol....I used to be a regular over on the DM.net forums. A poster here by the name of Angelophile (who talks personally with Murphy) can confirm what I said. I just hadn't seen it said here yet, and figured I'd make a post before too many people got worried about this news.

But yeah, furman hasn't seen anything recent, this interview is going off of months old pre-vis stuff that he saw/remembers.

5. SAJse

SAJse Well-Known Member

Although Brian Goldner didn't actually confirm wether SF had seen current designs. Just that he wasn't aware of it either way and the only confirmed meeting between Don Murphy, Simon Furman, and Tom Desanto happened before the movie was in full flow.

Not that I'm suprised by the TFs looking "different". It's a live action movie afterall. I just hope they pay attention to the little things like mouthguards/visors etc.

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Already mentioned it in the other thread, BP.:wink: 

7. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This confirms my thoughts on the initial news of Furmans interview. I think anybody who is talking about being involved in, or shown, parts of the movie, that are no longer involved with it now, are basing their comments off of old designs and info. It has clearly been said that the movie has changed structurally and visually A LOT very recently..it will most likely continue to evolve as they film. Most Sci-Fi movies do.
    Unless somebody comes out and says: " I talked to Michael Bay 15 minutes ago, and he gave me these pictures, this is exactly what the bots will look like.", I plan on waiting to see actual prepress photos/teasers to worry about what the bots will look like.
    Keep in mind, that Hasbro has to be able to make transforming Toys of the designs used in the film. Some folks keep pointing at the early "Monster Starscream" design and get in a tizzy because they feel that is what they are going to look like..not likely...because it would be very hard to make a toy of it. Not that they haven't made crappy unfaithful toys of a movie line before, but I doubt Hasbro will attach the name of one of its most lucrative properties to a toy line that isn't up to snuff with what they have been putting on the shelves recently.
    I don't trust "creative forces" in this movie. I think if they were left to their own devices we probably would end up with ID4/Johnny5/Terminator looking bots. But I do trust Hasbro to make sure that the bots are going to make good toys, and not deviate too much from the path that the main line toys have been going down for the past few years. Hasbro probably has a bigger stake in this than any of the producers, based on either extending or cutting short the longevity of the entire toy line, and it is their property. I have a good feeling they will not let the movie incarnations of their characters deviate too much from what they think their customer base is going to want.
    Hasbro hasn't been perfect, but they have shown that they can put out some kick ass toys. They will not let a movie derail what Transformers has been for more than 20 years.

8. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

yes.....I think we need to realize that with the scale of movie this is going to be.....likely the most hyped movie of summer '07.....everyone who's remotely involved is going to have people going to them, asking questions, trying to get every last bit of information out of them....even when they don't have much.

Furman saw some old pictures.....nothing more. Goldner said he wasn't aware of any further meetings with furman after that, as far as production art goes.

Yeah...they're gonna look different. They have to. They'd look silly next to real humans if you made them look the way they did in the cartoon or comics. But the CEO of Hasbro assured us, directly, that they're going to be transformers and a lot of attention is being payed to the look. The screenwriters tell us that we will instantly recognize Prime....etc

Just hoping to keep any panic to a minimum by putting things in perspective. I wish people would mention stuff like "i haven't seen anything recent BUT" when they give interviews lol....

9. Mexi-Con

Mexi-Con ...Stop Me When I'm Lying

Ebay:
    Thanks boxerperson for that point. I think some of us here are just so on edge with this movie that you could say "Gobots!" and we would draw our weapons. :stick: 

10. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Good luck on that,

Many here have tried to do that:redface2: 

Fans will be fans I suppose*shrugs*

11. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

compared with what I'm used to reading, everyone on these boards must be hopped up on morphine or valium.

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Or maybe the chill pills did work with us.:wink: 

13. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

:lol  :lol 

GOOD LORD man

What TF community did you come from:sly: 

I guess compared to SOME reactions I guess you're right.But some of the reactions I've seen here are bad enough as it is